How to calibrate new monitor if I don't have a colorimeter

TudorF

I used the default Windows 10 calibration tool, but I'm not sure if I get the right results.

There's no tool to check against a standard like sRGB, something that measures what's on the screen objectively, not based on my impressions.

Is there are any better free-to-use software that can get a more balanced image configuration than the default Windows tool?

If you actually need a calibration that can stand against even the smallest test, you need to use the correct tools.

You should be able to rent the colorimeter from your local photography shop for 1 day, it should be at most 10-25$.

If you don't need accurate color and want an image that looks better, then according to your GPU, use the built in display configuration utility in either AMD/INTEL/Nvidia Control panel. I don't have experience with the intel one, but in AMD one you can change the display color temp and do all kinds of changes, should be similar in the others.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Without any calibration I assume your best bet would be using the dedicated srgb mode on your monitor as some lock the brightness which I'm also assuming means they actually put some effort into calibrating during the manufacture process. 

My monitor doesn't have an sRGB mode. The model is LG 32UN650. It has 125% sRGB and 95% DCI-P3 coverage, but no special facility to clamp the gamut to sRGB.

I guess I'd have to find a photo studio that rents out colorimeters.

23 minutes ago, TudorF said:

My monitor doesn't have an sRGB mode. The model is LG 32UN650. It has 125% sRGB and 95% DCI-P3 coverage, but no special facility to clamp the gamut to sRGB.

I guess I'd have to find a photo studio that rents out colorimeters.

Weird, all my LG monitors have had a factory calibrated SRG mode.

When you bought the monitor, did they include some papers regarding factory calibration in the box?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

You cannot calibrate your colors without hardware. A software is not gonna work. You can either try to get reference color papers/swatches and try to adjust using those or buy the actual hardware needed.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

21 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Weird, all my LG monitors have had a factory calibrated SRG mode.

When you bought the monitor, did they include some papers regarding factory calibration in the box?

Yes, but their factory calibration seems made to boost sales: brightness was too high and colors were made to pop too much. Just like Samsung makes its OLED displays have overblown colors so the displays look more appealing to consumers in stores. I suspect that's what LG is doing too.