Request for some help choosing TV's

Thijsvu

Heya,

I'm looking into getting a new TV.

So far I've found 2 models that seem interesting to me; 

1. SAMSUNG QLED 4K 55Q80A (2021) - €888, 110W in SDR / 227W in HDR
  2. SAMSUNG QLED 4K 55Q64A (2021) - €749, 77W in SDR / 140W in HDR

Not sure if the extra's the more expensive TV brings are worth the premium and the extra power-consumption.

Given that i already have separate speakers and my indepth knowledge about TV Panels isn't that great that i can see much difference.

Or perhaps there are better suitable TV's?

I'm using it to watch Movies and TV.

Usually with a friend 😉

I have a ChromeCast Ultra that i usually use to cast Netflix using my Home Mini.

Also have a Amazon Fire TV, but am not currently using it.

Want to hook up my PC again using HDMI, but it'd be all across the room. maybe I'll do this in the future.

Thanks in advance 😉

You can find my Builds and Specs at: https://builds.gg/users/dutchemerald-64977

23 minutes ago, Thijsvu said:

Heya,

I'm looking into getting a new TV.

So far I've found 2 models that seem interesting to me; 

1. SAMSUNG QLED 4K 55Q80A (2021) - €888, 110W in SDR / 227W in HDR
  2. SAMSUNG QLED 4K 55Q64A (2021) - €749, 77W in SDR / 140W in HDR

Not sure if the extra's the more expensive TV brings are worth the premium and the extra power-consumption.

Given that i already have separate speakers and my indepth knowledge about TV Panels isn't that great that i can see much difference.

Or perhaps there are better suitable TV's?

I'm using it to watch Movies and TV.

Usually with a friend 😉

I have a ChromeCast Ultra that i usually use to cast Netflix using my Home Mini.

Also have a Amazon Fire TV, but am not currently using it.

Want to hook up my PC again using HDMI, but it'd be all across the room. maybe I'll do this in the future.

Thanks in advance 😉

The SAMSUNG QLED 4K 55Q64A (2021)  would be my choice and the extra cost and power consumption isn't really worth it  

They are 2 quite different displays.

One is a VA the other is IPS.

One is better for dark rooms due to the VA panel and lower HDr brightness.

The other is good for bright rooms as its IPS and has poor black levels but much better brightness in HDR

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/samsung-q80-q80a-qled-vs-samsung-q60-q60a-qled/21559/21475?usage=1&threshold=0.10

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Thanks.

Not gonna lie...

I came across a deal on a Medion TV (MEDION LIFE X15092) that was old stock for €349

Given the 4K 60FPS 50" Screen, i wanted to see if the image quality was any good (do not care for Smart Features or any TV features, as i have a Chromecast Ultra and only stream TV)

And to be honest, I was pretty amazed by the image quality for the price.

I have declined all the services and thus the TV doesn't have any of it's features enabled except basically HDMI input. basically just what i needed :3

You can find my Builds and Specs at: https://builds.gg/users/dutchemerald-64977