Need advice on current case airflow/upgrades

Prodigy22

Hey guys,

So I decided to sketch up a little airflow diagram very quickly of my pc. I have a Bitfenix Prodigy so space is a bit limited but I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on how I can improve some airflow and if I am getting optimal cooling for my setup. But most importantly this sketch is without my heatsink which obviously sat right above my motherboard but the bearings crapped out on it so I need something else to replace it. (Doing RMA later just want to get something better anyways). I have a i5 3470 so I won't be doing much overclocking I am just looking for something quite and cool, not sure if any water cooling options are practical for my set up either or even necessary for what cpu I have. Also I know the front solid panel restricts airflow but the mesh one did not work out for me as the dust build up and aesthetics were not working for me. Thank you in advance! 

F8D0PXF.png

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

Looks fine.

Get a 212 Evo. Watercooling is far from even being recommended, less so necessary.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Looks fine.

Get a 212 Evo. Watercooling is far from even being recommended, less so necessary.

I have heard this is a solid cooler overall, do you think a fan upgrade/swap is required at all? or is it pretty quite to begin with?

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

I have heard this is a solid cooler overall, do you think a fan upgrade/swap is required at all? or is it pretty quite to begin with?

What's quiet depends on who you ask. 

Whether an upgrade is needed depends on your temps.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

the stock fan is alright but you'd definitely have a better experience if the rest of your build is relatively quiet, probably see a boost in thermal performance as well. Minimum recommended upgrade is a single Noctua 120mm of any prefix. 

420upgradeit.jpg

Error: 410