EVGA Supernova 850 G2 - $109.99 ($25 promo + $20 MIR) @NCIXUS

quan289

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=94404&promoid=1320

This is an high-end unit that is based on the Leadex design from Super Flower (the OEM). It's an excellent build PSU with top-class performance (electrically), a switch for active cooling or semi-passive operation, and has a 10 year warranty with EVGA's support.

Even if you aren't a fan of rebates, the $25 promo to lower it to $129.99 still make it an excellent deal for such a unit.

Reviews

There isn't a review specifically on the 850w model yet; however, there's a review for the 750w variant of the EVGA unit and the actual Leadex unit that the EVGA is based on, so I'll link to it both.

EVGA Supernova 750w G2 - Techpowerup

EVGA's cooperation with Super Flower delivered another excellent product, the SuperNOVA G2 750 W PSU which excelled in all of my tests. Voltage regulation was very tight, which translates into incredibly stable voltages, and efficiency was very high for even a Gold-certified PSU. Ripple suppression was also excellent, so you will easily achieve the highest possible overclock for your system while minimally stressing components sensitive to ripple, like electrolytic capacitors. SF's new Leadex platform on which the G2-750 is based is absolutely fantastic, and the only downside I could find was its not-so-efficient 5VSB circuit which needs a redesign in order to match the PSU's other circuits. But 5VSB efficiency cannot spoil the overall excellent picture the G2-750 draws, which easily nets it a Recommended award from me. The cherries on top are the 100% Japanese capacitors used (the SF Leadex unit used a few CapXon caps) and its really nice price tag, which significantly boosts the unit's price/performance ratio. For last I left the huge ten-year-long warranty EVGA provides for all their high-end PSUs, which obviously includes this one.

All the above easily tells you that the EVGA G2-750 should be on top of your list if you need a Gold-certified, mid-capacity PSU. It is incredibly affordable for its class, features top performance, a semi-passive operation for all of you with sensitive hearing, and is covered by a hefty warranty. What else could you possible ask for?

____

Super Flower Leadex 750w - Jonnyguru

Super Flower is just so dangerous to the competition right now with this platform it's almost scary. Here we have a unit that performs like the best I have ever seen at a price point very few competitors can match. Right now, should any company in the North American market really throw their weight behind this platform (I'm looking at you, EVGA) and go Leadex across the board, well, they'd be on the fast track to market domination. When you only have the likes of Seasonic to really compete with for performance, and yet can beat all their prices, you've got it made, bub.

The Good:

• better than excellent stability
  • better than excellent ripple control
  • semi-fanless mode
  • fully modular
  • affordable

The Bad:

• not much competition

The Mediocre:

• not available under the Super Flower name in North America

Super Flower Leadex 750w - Techpowerup

Super Flower has so far established itself as one of the top three or four PSU OEMs, and more and more key companies in this sector are lately using their products, which shows that they really are a key player, and the competition, although incredibly experienced and with the necessary resources (Delta and Seasonic) needs to be careful because SF's engineers are not joking around. This is a win-win situation not only for SF but for all consumers since competition inadvertently improves product quality and pricing. If only one or two players were part of the game, things would get tough, but with SF now pushing out excellent products at good prices, the competition needs to rethink their price strategy. The Leadex Gold 750 W unit I had the chance to test today performed amazingly well and has many aces up its sleeve, including the ability to switch to a semi-passive operation. There are also its high build quality and the excellent components used, the LED lighted modular sockets, and its nice coloring scheme. Its negative points are restricted to the lower-than-allowed hold-up time and its pretty large dimensions, since SF used the same casing as for the higher-capacity Leadex units in the line. Its price is also close to that of re-branded SF PSU with a higher capacity, which suggests that SF should sell this particular unit for slightly less. However, the unit comes with SF's full package – the aforementioned re-branded SF units don't come with a semi-fanless mode or those LED-lit sockets.

One thing is sure: You can't go wrong with an SF product, and the Leadex Gold 750 W I tested today is solid proof of that. Its performance is on par with the umber-high-end competition in this category, and its price, although high, is still competitive. If 750 W are enough to cover your needs and you want one of the best platforms available today, this Leadex Gold unit is the ideal candidate. The only problem will be finding it anywhere in the US since Super Flower products are not available over there, although you can find SF product rebrands in the States. And while only two shops offer Super Flower units in Europe, neither ship to every country in Europe. I strongly believe that SF should expand their retail network to garner a greater share of the market, which would be relative easy given the price and high quality of their products.

I need this... i have a 30$ psu driving my system now.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

these supernova g2 power supplies(and the super flower platform) really have been pretty good so i'm glad to see at least the 850w be at a good price

OMG not now! I will start buying the parts in a month and a half, and is the PSU I want, I hope they do something similar again by then...  :(

Guys.. again I've been living under a rock... what's a rebate? How does it work? Do I still pay the 129.99 or put a promo code or something to only pay 109.00?

please explain...

Guys.. again I've been living under a rock... what's a rebate? How does it work? Do I still pay the 129.99 or put a promo code or something to only pay 109.00?

please explain...

It's like a partial refund that they sent back to you after you purchased it. When you clicked on the link, the promo code is already in placed. You only need to put it into your shopping cart and pay the $129.99.

Once you received it, you have to fill out the rebate form and mail it off with a copy of your proof of purchase / receipt and the UPC Barcode that you cut off from the box. After a while (can be up to two months or so), they should send off a Visa card for you with the rebate - in this case a $20 rebate.

Many people find this to be an hassle to do, especially there are times that people do not received their rebate. But even without the rebate, it is still a great deal. EVGA also just launched their Individually sleeved cables for them.

Lol i sent off a rebate for $35 to Asrock about 2.5 months ago and it's disappeared off the face of the earth. That was the first MIR I've ever done and frankly i'm not impressed.

Too bad I don't have a wattage need for this PSU; I hear EVGA's Supernova G2 750, 850 + are all pretty good. Throw EVGA's customer support on top of that and it's a great deal.