GPU Temperature problems with new case

RuschGaming

I recently got a new case the Asus ROG Strix Helios, I am very impressed how everything is so easy to install into that case. 

But the problem I am having right now is that the GPU Temperature is spiking up so high that I can barely run games without the fans going 100% and GPU temps reaching a new high (90 to 95C)

I had a very old case from corsair were it was just falling apart which is why I needed a new Case. Temps were fine before. 

Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Specs
GPU: Asus8GB D5X GTX 1080 STRIX AG
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X + Stock Cooler
Ram: 32GB

1 minute ago, Jeppes said:

Return it and buy case that has decent or good airflow.

Why?

the front glasspanel only have tiny slits it's drawing air through on top and bottom?... 

3 minutes ago, RuschGaming said:

Why?

The Helios has a sealed off front panel, so little air can get into the case, and little air can get out. The case looks good, but all your components will be choked of airflow. 

The bandaid fix would be to run without the side panel on, but that's not really a fix, more just a workaround.

1 minute ago, Robchil said:

the front glasspanel only have tiny slits it's drawing air through on top and bottom?... 

Theres 3 120 fans and theres a big gap inbetween so it gives enough airflow inside. 

1 minute ago, RuschGaming said:

Why?

Because the Asus case looks like a closed box with its glass front. But I guess it still should not hit 90C on gpu with maxed case fans. Are you sure the case fans are spinning 100%? Could also be that your gpu is old and you need to repaste it.

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The Helios has a sealed off front panel, so little air can get into the case, and little air can get out. The case looks good, but all your components will be choked of airflow. 

The bandaid fix would be to run without the side panel on, but that's not really a fix, more just a workaround.

The thing is it has a big gap inbetween the glass panel and the fans theres enough airflow into it 

https://rog.asus.com/cases/rog-strix-helios-model/spec

2 minutes ago, RuschGaming said:

The thing is it has a big gap inbetween the glass panel and the fans theres enough airflow into it 

https://rog.asus.com/cases/rog-strix-helios-model/spec

Nope. On a review there is a huge temp difference without the panel and with it. But like on the review, temps should not be that bad.

For all i know that case is an expensive joke with no airflow from the front, though you can test the airflow yourself and see if the gpu is getting enough airflow and exhaust

Btw what old corsair case did you have and what were the previous temps not to mention the last time you checked your gpu temps before swapping case?

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

For all i know that case is an expensive joke with no airflow from the front, though you can test the airflow yourself and see if the gpu is getting enough airflow and exhaust

Btw what old corsair case did you have and what were the previous temps not to mention the last time you checked your gpu temps before swapping case?

Well the previous case that i had was a VENGEANCE® C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case — Military Green

Temps were ok between 50-70C

4 minutes ago, RuschGaming said:

Well the previous case that i had was a VENGEANCE® C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case — Military Green

Temps were ok between 50-70C

It does have a vented front and sidepanel so no sht the gpu temps are better but when was the last time you checked gpu thermals while using that cass?

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

It does have a vented front and sidepanel so no sht the gpu temps are better but when was the last time you checked gpu thermals while using that cass?

a week or 2 ago 

I really dont feel like bringing this case back, ive been trying to get this case for months 😕

Take off the sidepanel and see if gpu temps improve, if they go back to normal then yep unfortunately that case is an overpriced joke and you are better off getting a mesh case with airflow rather than a pc bake oven

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Take off the sidepanel and see if gpu temps improve, if they go back to normal then yep unfortunately that case is an overpriced joke and you are better off getting a mesh case with airflow rather than a pc bake oven

when the pc is on its running 45-50C ish  (closed) While watching a stream

side panel open its steady on 43-49C ish

12 minutes ago, RuschGaming said:

when the pc is on its running 45-50C ish  (closed) While watching a stream

side panel open its steady on 43-49C ish

Load temps?

6 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Load temps?

well looks like temps are spiking up as well with the panel open 90C ish 

Guess its the gpu T_T

56 minutes ago, Robchil said:

so replace paste on it. 

Yup that did the thing, the cooling paste was really hard. and i think when i removed the gpu something happened i guess with the paste not doing its thing anymore. Checked the warranty and well its expired. So i went for it and replaced the paste and voila temps are back to normal. Thank you all for your help!