Im buying a new phone help

Arnav120107

budget?

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Just now, mahyar said:

budget?

Thats not a concern i just wanna know which ones better for long term usage 

Have you tried thinking about it literally any more than the OS?

Budget?

What will you do on it?

Desired screen size?

How much storage will you need?

Do you want 5g?

do you care about how good the camera is?

How long do you want the battery to last on a single charge?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Normal screen 

Programming , Gaming , Video Shooting

256gb storage

I do want 5g

Yes i care about the camera quality 

Battery usage half a day

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

nokia 3310

Bruh moment 

I can vouch for OnePlus. Good cameras, nice screens, fast storage, always using the latest and greatest SoC.

If you want about the same, but overspend for a slightly better camera, get the latest Samsung S-series.

As for OS:
If you want to have the freedom to use your Phone how YOU want to use it, get Android. 
Otherwise, get Apple if you want a locked-down experience.

NZXT S340 | Ryzen 7 5900X | B550 AORUS PRO V2 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200 | RTX 4070
Nintendo Switch (2x), Nintendo *New* 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000 (Crisis Core Limited Edition)

MacBook Pro 14 (2021), 16GB RAM, 512GB ROM

Just now, FliP0x said:

I can vouch for OnePlus. Good cameras, nice screens, fast storage, always using the latest and greatest SoC.

If you want about the same, but overspent for a slightly better camera, get the latest Samsung S-series.

How about u suggest me a model for the same as im unaware about what model to go on if i suggest going android  😐

4 minutes ago, Arnav120107 said:

How about u suggest me a model for the same as im unaware about what model to go on if i suggest going android  😐

I personally use a OnePlus 7 Pro, but you probably can't get those anymore retail.

Therefore, get the latest model, which is the OnePlus 10 Pro 5G. The release date is in a few days (March 24th).

NZXT S340 | Ryzen 7 5900X | B550 AORUS PRO V2 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200 | RTX 4070
Nintendo Switch (2x), Nintendo *New* 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000 (Crisis Core Limited Edition)

2 minutes ago, FliP0x said:

I personally use a OnePlus 7 Pro, but you probably can't get those anymore retail.

Therefore, get the latest model, which is the OnePlus 10 Pro 5G. The release date is in a few days (March 24th).

Bet ok thanks ill wait for the launch then 

6 hours ago, Arnav120107 said:

Normal screen 

Programming , Gaming , Video Shooting

256gb storage

I do want 5g

Yes i care about the camera quality 

Battery usage half a day

Define "programming." Do you intend to program on the phone, or use it to test apps you've programmed on your computer? Or do you mean watching video programming?

For long-term use, if you're not writing code on your phone... get an iPhone. Apple offers five to six years of OS updates, performance these days holds up over the life of the phone, and you won't have to guess when your model/region/carrier will get the update (Apple gives every device the update at the same time).

If you do get an iPhone, the regular iPhone 13 is the sweet spot for most people; you only really want the Pro if you crave that telephoto lens or the 120Hz screen. You'll still get great camera quality (particularly for video), long battery life, strong gaming performance and, of course, 5G. 

On the Android side, camera quality means you'll probably be looking at either a Samsung Galaxy S22 series phone (S21 if money is tight) or the Google Pixel 6/6 Pro if it's available in your country. OnePlus has been getting better about camera quality, but it still has a reputation for overselling its photography.

12 hours ago, Arnav120107 said:

do want 5g

Smartphone companies losing their shit right now knowing that at least 1 person took the bait.

If I was me, which I am thankfully. I'd buy a Samsung s22 non-ultra because huge phones break easier and that's a fact. And they're awkward to hold, awkward the carry and awkward to watch por- awkward to look at... 😳 

Pretty much every camera looks good these days & it comes down to preference, if you actually want a better than most smartphones camera then buy and actual camera camera

I would also be tempted by Apple, at the end of the day it's hard to beat how integrated it is with the rest of their devices.

On 3/21/2022 at 8:01 AM, Arnav120107 said:

youtube and google,

they're all basically the same

go educate yourself

tons of phones fit those needs

On 3/21/2022 at 5:15 PM, Arnav120107 said:

Thats not a concern i just wanna know which ones better for long term usage 

Long term usage would definatly be  apple for os support otherwise if you don't care about having older os you can have an android but right now, I would recommend you to hold on to your current phone as there are not many good options as of now, that being said what phone do you have right now?

On 3/21/2022 at 5:29 PM, FliP0x said:

oneplus isn't what it used to be and I don't recommend it to anyone anymore besides jerryrigeverything found the phone to be very weak

6 hours ago, JohnathanWick said:

oneplus isn't what it used to be and I don't recommend it to anyone anymore besides jerryrigeverything found the phone to be very weak

Just because they are not "flagship killers" anymore and instead make flagships themselves, doesn't mean they are not recommendable.

I'd get a flagship OnePlus any day over a flagship Samsung, Huawei or iPhone.

Price/Performance of a OnePlus is still unbeatable. I bought my 7 Pro for 750€ when it came out. Samsung's comparable offerings were about 1000 €. A Samsung is not 250 € better than a OnePlus (especially since OnePlus also uses some of the best parts that Samsung provides).

My 7 Pro still runs like brand new (no noticable battery degradation after nearly 3 years now) and still looks like new. No scratches on the phone itself, except one scratch on the screen protector and believe me, it has dropped from many different heights onto many different surfaces. No cracks, no scratches, everything works like on day 1. Had I bought an Apple, I'd probably have at least 5 screen replacements by now.

The case that came with it has some distinct yellowing on it, but the phone itself is in mint condition. Replace the screen protector (or take it off) and clean a bit with alcohol and you'd never know it's a 3 year old phone.

5 hours ago, FliP0x said:

Just because they are not "flagship killers" anymore and instead make flagships themselves, doesn't mean they are not recommendable.

I'd get a flagship OnePlus any day over a flagship Samsung, Huawei or iPhone.

Price/Performance of a OnePlus is still unbeatable. I bought my 7 Pro for 750€ when it came out. Samsung's comparable offerings were about 1000 €. A Samsung is not 250 € better than a OnePlus (especially since OnePlus also uses some of the best parts that Samsung provides).

My 7 Pro still runs like brand new (no noticable battery degradation after nearly 3 years now) and still looks like new. No scratches on the phone itself, except one scratch on the screen protector and believe me, it has dropped from many different heights onto many different surfaces. No cracks, no scratches, everything works like on day 1. Had I bought an Apple, I'd probably have at least 5 screen replacements by now.

The case that came with it has some distinct yellowing on it, but the phone itself is in mint condition. Replace the screen protector (or take it off) and clean a bit with alcohol and you'd never know it's a 3 year old phone.

I agree with you with them not being bad but ever since the oppo bought them entirely it just the quality of their products are going very down and even I have an old oneplus. and the oneplus 10pro also has some serious structure issues. They were also capping performance for better battery life idk if its fixed now or not but for me oneplus is dead yeah. my brother has an 8 pro and its really bad compared to their older models the last good oneplus lineup for me is the 7