Silent Keyboard Recommendation

Aragnier

I am looking for a new keyboard and hope to get some recommendations from you guys.

I want a full-size, silent, wired, mechanical keyboard with wrist rest. Media-keys welcome but not required. 

I don't care if there is RGB or not. I would prefer price to be under or around 1000dkk/130euro. 

When I say 'silent' I just mean as quit as possible, not literally silent.

Ussage is both gaming as well as writing quit a lot.

You'll need Silent Red MX switches or similar.  You should also mention what layout you are looking for.  ANSI is WAY, WAY easier to find than ISO, QWERTZ, or any others.

1 hour ago, IPD said:

You'll need Silent Red MX switches or similar.  You should also mention what layout you are looking for.  ANSI is WAY, WAY easier to find than ISO, QWERTZ, or any others.

silent red are impossible to find with the requirements I have. In my neck of the woods QWERTY is almost the only thing I can find (I am in Denmark). I am looking at the Logitech G915 tactile (can't get the linear), basically because all my other peripheral are Logitech and as far as I could hear on Logitechs site, where one can hear what the keys sound like, the tactile are not much louder than the linear.

I just priced shipping to Copenhagen from mechanicalkeyboards.com, and it looks like it's around $27 USD.  Maybe search there to see if there's anything you like?

I really appreciate you taking the time to give me a recommendation. It is just that all the keyboards I could see myself buying have a small enter key, which I hate. And they are on the expensive side, since I can get the g915 (which only downside is that it is a bit on the louder side) for roughly the same price as the keyboards I found on your recommended site. Now just the big question, how I close this topic.

13 hours ago, Aragnier said:

I really appreciate you taking the time to give me a recommendation. It is just that all the keyboards I could see myself buying have a small enter key, which I hate. And they are on the expensive side, since I can get the g915 (which only downside is that it is a bit on the louder side) for roughly the same price as the keyboards I found on your recommended site. Now just the big question, how I close this topic.

The enter-key size has to do with keyboard layout.  QWERTY is not necessarily the same, as ISO has a larger enter key than ANSI, even though the letters are laid out the same.

I personally hate giving up the backspace key size or the backslash key size for a bigger enter key.

21 hours ago, Aragnier said:

silent red are impossible to find with the requirements I have. In my neck of the woods QWERTY is almost the only thing I can find (I am in Denmark). I am looking at the Logitech G915 tactile (can't get the linear), basically because all my other peripheral are Logitech and as far as I could hear on Logitechs site, where one can hear what the keys sound like, the tactile are not much louder than the linear.

In my experience, non-silenced switches are not really quiet, so you would likely want silenced switches. The larger keys have stabilisers that produce additional noise, so don't be surprised if you need to add lube to them to make the keyboard quiet, even with silenced switches. The tactile switches on the G915 don't produce more noise than linears, as they use essentially the same mechanism.

From looking on Prisjagt, this is the only keyboard that I found that meets the requirement of under 1000 DKK, full size, and silenced switches.

https://prisjagt.dk/computere-tilbehor/tastaturer-mus/tastaturer/ducky-dkon1808-one-2-tuxedo-cherry-mx-silent-red-nordic--p5311203

If you want more options for the switches, you could look at the GMMK, although it would be quite a bit above your budget (700 DKK keyboard + 150 DKK keycaps + switches)

https://webdanes.dk/shop/glorious-gmmk-full-140653p.html

:)