WHY IS MY LAPTOP REFUSING TO STAY AWAKE!?!?!

Bilman66

This is been annoying me so mush lately, my laptop (dell latitude E5420) refuses to stay awake. I can have every single power setting set to "Never fall asleep", and i've tried everything i could find online but they didn't help. It will also fall asleep while i'm actively using it. THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD. any ideas?

and no, I do not have the macbook anymore, gotta change the username still

53 minutes ago, The 2009 MacBook gamer said:

This is been annoying me so mush lately, my laptop (dell latitude E5420) refuses to stay awake. I can have every single power setting set to "Never fall asleep", and i've tried everything i could find online but they didn't help. It will also fall asleep while i'm actively using it. THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD. any ideas?

First thing that comes to mind to me with old laptops is possible dying battery.  What are your voltages like?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

First thing that comes to mind to me with old laptops is possible dying battery.  What are your voltages like?

It's a new laptop (bought in july 2021)