Do regular SATA HD's care or use the extra voltage from a DOM SATA slot?

I bought a motherboard, (ASRock Rack X299 WS/IPMI ATX Server Motherboard Single Socket R4(LGA 2066) Intel X299 IPMI Dual LAN), and I'm merrily populating it with my m.2 drive, i7-7820X CPU, and plugging in my SATA cables to my hard drives. I have a couple SATA cables that are L-shaped at the end and won't plug into the main bank of SATA connections on the board so I'm looking around and spot these 2 extra SATA sockets, one of them is RED in color. So I get out the manual and read up on it. turns out the red SATA socket is a DOM SATA connection and the manual proclaimed this grave warning:

Consult the documentation that comes with your SATA DOM and check whether or not Pin 7 requires 5V power supply.

If the connected SATA DOM requires 5V power supply, move the jumper caps placed on the SATA DOM Power Jumper (SATAPWR1) from pins 2-3 (default) to pins 1-2.
If the connected SATA DOM does NOT require 5V power supply, there is no need to change the default jumper setting of the SATA DOM Power Jumper (pins 2-3).
Warning! Incorrect setting of the SATA DOM Power Jumper (SATAPWR1) may cause damage to the motherboard or your SATA DOM.

So now I'm trying to decide if I need to get some "straight" ended SATA cables and replace the 2 L-shaped ones, re-threading them back through my PC. Or can I just use the RED connection? If I do how do I know which way to set the jumper? I'm assuming a regular hard drive doesn't require the extra voltage. But is it even safe to plug a regular SATA hard drive into a DOM SATA slot?

Thank you so much in advance for any guidance you choose to spend your valuable time giving me. it is appreciated!

In the absence of an actual SATA DOM you can treat the extra SATA ports like any other SATA port on the motherboard.

There's two particular types of SATA DOM ports (that I'm aware of) some build the power pins inside the SATA connector some require the use of a little pair of wires ran to a separate connector near the SATA port.

In either scenario SATA cables lack the additional pins for this to be an issue. No electrical connection will be made. If you just want to connect a standard HDD/SSD w/ power from the PSU the red SATA ports are fine.

Do note for SSD use though make sure they're SATAIII(SATA3) or SASII(SAS2) so you get the full bandwidth.

Thanks for the response. I am planning to just plug a regular SATA hard drive into it.