Gigabyte

GIGABYTE   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think Gigabyte is a Good Brand ?

so in the past year this motherboard has been trouble since day one and i even had it RMA there was a lot of bluetooth issues and sleep issues and now VRM issues i kinda had enough of gigabyte lucky i found a fix for my VRM which was limiting the CPU speed to under 4gz. i had to disable turbo boost which i never knew this was a issue since i always used the stock cooler for my Ryzen 5 3800x and i never hit 4ghz or over on default with turbo boost and now that i got a new cooler water cooler i can and thats when i noticed the coil whine from the VRM on idle its loud enough you can sit here and hear it but weird enough it don't do it on stress test or under load. but i found that fix which it don't effect me to much but its pretty sad i'm regrating going with gigabyte thats just my opinion. but im wondering what you guys think ? how was your experience with gigabyte ?

also when RMA for the issue with bluetooth getting a new board back it had the same issue turned out something with bios and drivers i guess cause it kinda got fixed over time but i know i still have issues can't use bluetooth headphones and a bluetooth controller at the same time and the other issues was bluetooth would turn off and go away and you would have to flip off the power switch and reboot to fix it it was so annoying 

also the board i have is the B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2

Just now, Coltonw023456 said:

so in the past year this motherboard has been trouble since day one and i even had it RMA there was a lot of bluetooth issues and sleep issues and now VRM issues i kinda had enough of gigabyte lucky i found a fix for my VRM which was limiting the CPU speed to under 4gz. i had to disable turbo boost which i never knew this was a issue since i always used the stock cooler for my Ryzen 5 3800x and i never hit 4ghz or over on default with turbo boost and now that i got a new cooler water cooler i can and thats when i noticed the coil whine from the VRM on idle its loud enough you can sit here and hear it but weird enough it don't do it on stress test or under load. but i found that fix which it don't effect me to much but its pretty sad i'm regrating going with gigabyte thats just my opinion. but im wondering what you guys think ? how was your experience with gigabyte ?

I bought only gigabyte since ddr3 was released and Asus screwed me over. They make a solid board hardware wise typically. Recently got Asus though because of slow support and the way they handled the power supply issue. 

I don't think they're good, but could be worse.

I've heard problems with a lot of their graphics cards making weird noises when a fan is running at a certain speed. Their BIOS is a complete maze IMO. Their support is probably one of the worst, they often don't fix the issue and blame the customer for everything. They probably have the most horror stories.

Most of their products are decent, except for the minor things I just mentioned. 

1 minute ago, m9x3mos said:

I bought only gigabyte since ddr3 was released and Asus screwed me over. They make a solid board hardware wise typically. Recently got Asus though because of slow support and the way they handled the power supply issue. 

fair enough i have the B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 and all  i had was issues lol so you kinda can see why i wanted to post about it and its been a year now 

1 minute ago, Pixelfie said:

I don't think they're good, but could be worse.

I've heard problems with a lot of their graphics cards making weird noises when a fan is running at a certain speed. Their BIOS is a complete maze IMO. Their support is probably one of the worst, they often don't fix the issue and blame the customer for everything. They probably have the most horror stories.

Most of their products are decent, except for the minor things I just mentioned. 

true yeah i was telling my friend yesterday i wont even buy there cards lol and this will be my last thing i buy from them lol 

I have been almost exclusively using Gigabyte motherboards for the last 12 years. Only minor gripes (mostly with their branding and bios). I cannot comment on their graphics cards, for that I would much prefer Asus Strix lineup than gigabytes own.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

I have been almost exclusively using Gigabyte motherboards for the last 12 years. Only minor gripes (mostly with their branding and bios). I cannot comment on their graphics cards, for that I would much prefer Asus Strix lineup than gigabytes own.

yeah i for a while i had to stay on the first bios because if i upgraded it would break things and i was talking to gigabyte through email for months almost a whole year trying to fix things it just was a pain but yeah im kinda stuck with out turbo boost if i want to avoid that annoying sound lol 1356036725_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.5ed8acc800f44d9c52e4b5925321dcd4.png

Their desktop shiz may be ok.  But their laptop stuff, presumably including Aorus--I find severely lacking.  I only bought a P35x because I wanted 4k and a GTX 1070--which MSI had never seen fit to put into the same chassis (their idiot idea, idk).  And it has been a consistent headache since.  2nd worst laptop I've owned, only narrowly being beaten out by a Sager (Clevo) 8662 and the NVidia shite 260 GPU in that pile of steaming bantha poodoo.

Laptop land is a fucking minefield.  And manufacturers aren't held nearly as accountable as they should be--when your $2000+ laptop tries to fry itself via all manner of manufacturing defects or design flaws.  And don't get me started on the CPU fan RMA where they forgot to even plug in the fan connector when they shipped it back.

WHY IN THE HOLY HELL can't we just get a standard fan size/shroud across the laptop industry--and eliminate this proprietary BS that makes dealing with MFG's a living hell?

/rant

3 minutes ago, IPD said:

Their desktop shiz may be ok.  But their laptop stuff, presumably including Aorus--I find severely lacking.  I only bought a P35x because I wanted 4k and a GTX 1070--which MSI had never seen fit to put into the same chassis (their idiot idea, idk).  And it has been a consistent headache since.  2nd worst laptop I've owned, only narrowly being beaten out by a Sager (Clevo) 8662 and the NVidia shite 260 GPU in that pile of steaming bantha poodoo.

Laptop land is a fucking minefield.  And manufacturers aren't held nearly as accountable as they should be--when your $2000+ laptop tries to fry itself via all manner of manufacturing defects or design flaws.  And don't get me started on the CPU fan RMA where they forgot to even plug in the fan connector when they shipped it back.

WHY IN THE HOLY HELL can't we just get a standard fan size/shroud across the laptop industry--and eliminate this proprietary BS that makes dealing with MFG's a living hell?

/rant

yeah sounds like a mess lol i never bought a laptop i have older ones but its a non gaming one speaking of laptop i have a old chrome book by acer and it makers coilwhine lol i got it for free so i can't complain lol 

5 hours ago, IPD said:

/rant

I have one of the aero 15x models and so far that one has been great for me. My only complaint was it was a pain in the butt to open to upgrade the ram and install another ssd.

1 hour ago, m9x3mos said:

I have one of the aero 15x models and so far that one has been great for me. My only complaint was it was a pain in the butt to open to upgrade the ram and install another ssd.

oh yeah i heard about that