Brand new Asus 3060 not displaying

ERockEnterprises

Hey community, I need help! Two days ago I bought a brand new ASUS Dual rtx 3060 OC 12g v2 graphics card and for the life of me I cannot get it to display anything. I bought it to replace my gtx 970 so that I can do some actual gaming on my otherwise decent pc. I'm not super tech savvy but I have a good foundational understanding around the pc. So far I've tried downloading the the appropriate drivers, having the other card (gtx970) completely removed, switching pcie slots, and enabling it through device manager. In device manager the 3060 states a code 12 but that is where my field of knowledge comes to a hault. I'm not sure what to do from here or what I'm missing but wanted to see if i am missing something before taking it to memory express to figure it out. Any help would great thanks!

My build:

• B450 gaming pro carbon MAX wifi motherboard 
  • Amd ryzen 5 3600 cpu
  • Kingston hyperx ddr4 3200 c16 2x8gb ram
  • Msi A650GF 80 plus gold power supply

Microsoft website, device manager error codes:

Full Error Message

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)

Sounds to me like too many PCI lanes are being used up by your system for your graphics card to be able to be used. 

2 minutes ago, Arethusa said:

Microsoft website, device manager error codes:

Full Error Message

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)

Sounds to me like too many PCI lanes are being used up by your system for your graphics card to be able to be used. 

But even with the the gtx 970 taken out the computer doesn't seem to boot up with just the 3060. Only way I can tell is that my case fans change color after windows boots. 

9 hours ago, ERockEnterprises said:

But even with the the gtx 970 taken out the computer doesn't seem to boot up with just the 3060. Only way I can tell is that my case fans change color after windows boots. 

Yeah that seems wierd that windows won't boot. If you bought it at ME it should be in warranty, so testing the card in another computer to see if it works would be the next step.