RAM UPGRADE

Hi everybody!! 

So I decided to upgrade an ooooold ACER ASPIRE 5715 z . 

Put on an SSD and upgraded RAM from 2 gb (1+1) DDR2 (400) to 4 GB (2 + 2).

I tested the RAM individually and they do work but.... When i insert them together the PC doesn t start (blue screen). You guys have any idea? Thank you really much for the support. 

could be that your cpu or motherboard dont support 4gb ram, tried to look online but couldn't find much

Hope my response helps 🙂 

GPU MSI Gaming Ventus OC RTX 2060 CPU Intel Core i5-12600k Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X Memory Crucial DDR5 4800 Storage Western Digital SN850 500gb | PSU Corsair RM650x (2018) | CPU cooler Corsair H150i Elite Capellix Monitor MSI  Mouse Logitech G305 White Keyboard Royal Kludge RK61 (Cherry MX Reds) | Headset Logitech G533 |

11 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

Are the RAM sticks matching or from two different kits?

I bought them together .. so same kit. 

Btw if I put back the original ones everything works. I also tryed 2 different types of kit thinking that maybe one was broken. Really dont understand .. the BIOS does recognize It!!! But Windows doesnt start

10 hours ago, Michael2 said:

could be that your cpu or motherboard dont support 4gb ram, tried to look online but couldn't find much

Thank you. I m waiting for a newer CPU.. maybe after upgradin It the RAM will be detected correctly?

18 minutes ago, fedaccio96 said:

I bought them together .. so same kit. 

Btw if I put back the original ones everything works. I also tryed 2 different types of kit thinking that maybe one was broken. Really dont understand .. the BIOS does recognize It!!! But Windows doesnt start

Running on the internet some web sites say ti update the BIOS. You think could be the problem?

11 hours ago, Michael2 said:

Thank you. I m waiting for a newer CPU.. maybe after upgradin It the RAM will be detected correctly?

1 hour ago, fedaccio96 said:

It's not impossible, if something is wrong with the CPU you currently have, but that generation of motherboards has a north bridge chipset, which is where the memory controller is. That's what determines memory compatibility - the CPU has no memory controller of its own.

Is there a BIOS update available for the motherboard?

37 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

It's not impossible, if something is wrong with the CPU you currently have, but that generation of motherboards has a north bridge chipset, which is where the memory controller is. That's what determines memory compatibility - the CPU has no memory controller of its own.

Is there a BIOS update available for the motherboard?

Yes I update the BIOS but nothin changed 

Just now, fedaccio96 said:

Yes I update the BIOS but nothin changed 

Okay. You mentioned that you can get into the BIOS with 4GB, but that Windows won't start. Do you have a flash drive that you can put Windows 10 or Linux on to see if it will boot off the flash drive?

7 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Okay. You mentioned that you can get into the BIOS with 4GB, but that Windows won't start. Do you have a flash drive that you can put Windows 10 or Linux on to see if it will boot off the flash driven

Now I got Windows 7. Befor I had Windows 10 and got the same problem. Old (1+1) RAM working ! 2 RAM at a time works.. (2 + 2) not. I m really freaking out