CPU Cooler for 5950x build with CM MasterCase Pro 5

FMT_WL
Go to solution Solved by brob,

NH-D15S or NH-U12A would work. Both are available in black at a bit of a premium.

Front mounted AIO is fine. It raises interior temps a bit, but not enough to make a huge difference. If you are worried about GPU temps, move the GPU AIO to the front.

Budget (including currency): $200 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mix of gaming, productivity and game development

Other details: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/q2rpG

AMD was doing a big discount couple days ago, so I took the chance to treat myself a 5950x, xD. As I do always, I forgot to pick the right cooler for my build and could use some advice for it.

Air cooling path:

I'm having Noctua NH-D15 in mind, but looking at the description, it might not have enough clearance for my RAM sticks (44mm height)?

Thought about going for the single fan version, but would that provide enough cooling for my CPU underload?

Water cooling path:

Haven't checked out much AIO yet, but I think I need to sort out my clearance issue first.

I'm housing my build in CM MasterCase Pro 5, it has support (I think) for 240mm rad on top and 360mm at front.

Currently the top bracket is occupied by the AIO that came with RX6900 XT (also got that on a discount, yeaaaah), and I'm not sure if moving that to the front would be a great idea as it put out quiet a lot of heat when the GPU is underload.

Would any one have experience installing a 120mm/140mm AIO at the rear of the build? or what would the recommendation be if I'm going down the water cooling path?

And yea, that's about it. Any comment is greatly appreciated. : )

NH-D15S or NH-U12A would work. Both are available in black at a bit of a premium.

Front mounted AIO is fine. It raises interior temps a bit, but not enough to make a huge difference. If you are worried about GPU temps, move the GPU AIO to the front.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 3/9/2022 at 1:18 PM, brob said:

Thanks mate! Ended up picking NH-D15 still coz it's only $20 difference compares to NH-D15S, if the second fan doesn't fit, I guess it will just have to go somewhere else in the case. xD