Have $300, What do I buy. Recommendations!

I'm planning on doing some high res video editing in the future
my pc specs
- Ryzen 5 5600g (With Arctic freezer 34 Duo)
- m.2 nvme 256gb ssd + 1tb HDD
- 32Gb ram 3200Mhz
- cheap case
- cheap motherboard
- Razer Seiren X (I did look at higher end Microphone options but all of the mics sound the same)
- Monitor is PA248CV, A really color accurate monitor, brand new. (shit contrast)

1. AMP/Audio Interface?
I think I would like to upgrade my Microphone Quality, But all Mics sound pretty much the same. Even Mics that are $10000 sound the same as $100 mics. Maybe an AMP? or a Audio interface? would that Improve my voice quality? I don't really care about the sound I hear since I use pretty good earphones.

2. GPU
I don't have a GPU, But I'm planning to do some 1440p/4k Video editing in the future, But I fee like a GPU wouldn't help me much. The programs I would mainly use are Davinci Resolve (Free ver.) & After effects which is CPU intensive only. A GPU would speed up the process but I just don't think I need it, Even I would buy a GPU, I most definitely won't buy one right now, prices are falling every month. So I'd rather wait

3. Software licenses like Adobe after effects
If I don't sub to after effects I will buy Affinity Designer, which is 70 USD life time. Although It's less powerful than After effects, I would also like to sub to Epidemic Sound (Soundtracks)

Does a AMP/Audio Interface make a difference to my voice (Output) quality? If yes then that would be my highest priority.

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I can only think you have a cheap power supply,

Its actually the opposite, Its a 750W GOLD 80+ Antec, got it on sale. i'd say that's pretty average if not above average. but besides the point... wdym you can pirate Adobe products? You can't pirate the 4-5 latest versions can you? 

lets see i cant help with everything but here we go.

Pc Specs:

you have decent specs for video editing, usually when i am putting something together for a customer i would suggest.

• 2 SSD's (m.2 or SATA works)
    • the 256 for your boot drive (preferably NVME)
    • 500gb to 1tb for your scratch or editing drive (SATA will work but NVME will help)
  • the 5600 will work well and if you find it is not fast enough then you can go with a faster CPU then (since you already have it.)

GPU:

• this depends mostly on the program adobe tends to like dedicated graphics

Software:

• this is entirely up to what you like and what you want out of it. adobe is rarely a bad choice but i have seen people use windows movie maker, and even Sony Vegas pro to do their editing.
  • keep an eye on https://www.humblebundle.com/software?hmb_source=navbar  and sometimes you can find software to get you started for cheap or even an upgrade.

otherwise saving your money is always a good option. do you have another HDD in your machine or just the 256gb?

1 minute ago, shamus20 said:

lets see i cant help with everything but here we go.

Pc Specs:

you have decent specs for video editing, usually when i am putting something together for a customer i would suggest.

• 2 SSD's (m.2 or SATA works)
    • the 256 for your boot drive (preferably NVME)
    • 500gbto 1tb for your scratch or editing drive (SATA will work but NVME will help)
  • the 5600 will work well and if you find it is not fast enough then you can go with a faster CPU then (since you already have it.)

GPU:

• this depends mostly on the program adobe tends to like dedicated graphics

Software:

• this is entirely up to what you like and what you want out of it. adobe is rarely a bad choice but i have seen people use windows movie maker, and even Sony Vegas pro to do their editing.
  • keep an eye on https://www.humblebundle.com/software?hmb_source=navbar  and sometimes you can find software to get you started for cheap or even an upgrade.

Oh F, I forgot the add the HDD. I have a 1tb hard drive already. thanks for the software recommendations, will consider

3 minutes ago, Marko1600 said:

Oh F, I forgot the add the HDD. I have a 1tb hard drive already. thanks for the software recommendations, will consider

is it a spinning platter or Solid state?

a solid state can help with loads and render times, especially when it comes to 4k footage. mind you developing a good workflow will help more in the long run.

2 minutes ago, shamus20 said:

a solid state can help with loads and render times,

All programs are running on m.2 nvme 256gb, 256Gb is more then enough to run everything I need, the HDD is only for large videos etc... its a spinner 😠

7 minutes ago, Marko1600 said:

Can't you just run it in a VM to test it???

Rootkits don't pop up windows to say hi. They're virtually invisible and everything will look perfectly normal until the inevitable disaster arises. AV software often doesn't pick up zero-days either, so... pirating software is always incredibly stupid.

Groups that spend time developing cracks or pay to host said cracked software don't do it out of the kindness of their hearts, they do it because it's a revenue stream.

TLDR: Don't pirate software. Simple.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

2 minutes ago, Roswell said:

Rootkits don't pop up windows to say hi. They're virtually invisible and everything will look perfectly normal until the inevitable disaster arises. AV software often doesn't pick up zero-days either, so... pirating software is always incredibly stupid.

Groups that spend time developing cracks or pay to host said cracked software don't do it out of the kindness of their hearts, they do it because it's a revenue stream.

TLDR: Don't pirate software. Simple.

Oh damn, Well... Not pirating then. Imma just stick to the land

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity - Find & Share on GIPHY

7 minutes ago, Marko1600 said:

All programs are running on m.2 nvme 256gb, 256Gb is more then enough to run everything I need, the HDD is only for large videos etc... its a spinner 😠

so getting a second SSD does not sound like a bad idea. but worry about the software first, since that will have more influence over your part selection/ upgrade path.

last time humble bundle had Sony vegas, it was $35 dollars plus a bunch of other stuff, you can also start with premier and go to after effects later

It might be the cheap Motherboard you are using. Get a USB SoundCard with a decent Microphone

1 minute ago, shamus20 said:

so getting a second SSD does not sound like a bad idea. but worry about the software first, since that will have more influence over your part selection/ upgrade path.

last time humble bundle had Sony vegas, it was $35 dollars plus a bunch of other stuff, you can also start with premier and go to after effects later

After effects alright, totally understand and would love to have, but what's to point of Premiere Pro if you can just pay 200-250ish USD for Davinci Resolve Studio. + It seems Blackmagic is more committed to Davinci then Apple or Adobe to premiere or final cut

* thread cleaned *

Advocating for piracy is against the Community Standards, please avoid this regardless of the situation or product.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !