Transferring all data to new computer.

So I just got a new computer and I would like to transfer all the data from my old one to it. The new computer has an ssd with windows installed and an empty hard drive. The old computer has 2 ssds both of which have data, and a hard drive. I am struggling to figure out which files to transfer, and where to put them. If you need pictures of anything pls ask. I would like to keep the version of windows that is on the new computer and just add files onto that. Both computers are windows 10.

3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Is this a laptop or a Desktop? Desktop why not just plug in the SSD/HDD to the new system. 

I did but there are now five memory devices hooked up and so the files are scattered everywhere and I just want to get them off the old devices and onto the new ones so that the old storage devices can be used for other things.

If I am understanding you right, then you need two SSDs  + 1 HDD ➡️ 1 SSD and 1 HDD right?  How much storage do these drives have?  Can't you just clone an SSD and a Hard drive onto the components on the new machine and then move the rest of the files over manually?

11 hours ago, CaptainDarkstar42 said:

If I am understanding you right, then you need two SSDs  + 1 HDD ➡️ 1 SSD and 1 HDD right?  How much storage do these drives have?  Can't you just clone an SSD and a Hard drive onto the components on the new machine and then move the rest of the files over manually?

Yea you understood me correctly, I’m just struggling to figure out which files go where since both of the old ssd and the old hard drive stuff have windows on them so the data is spread out across a lot of folders. I would like to keep the windows folders that came pre installed on the new ssds. The new ssd is about 400 gb and the new hdd is about 900 gb.

8 hours ago, MyFartSoTart said:

Yea you understood me correctly, I’m just struggling to figure out which files go where since both of the old ssd and the old hard drive stuff have windows on them so the data is spread out across a lot of folders. I would like to keep the windows folders that came pre installed on the new ssds. The new ssd is about 400 gb and the new hdd is about 900 gb.

So wait, the windows install is spread across multiple drives?  How did that happen? Can you give some screenshots please, I have a feeling there is some kind of miscommunication going on.  Also @Amelia 1 really has a lot of good info that you should read over and think about.  I use Macrium Reflect myself and it is great for cloning and modifying drives!!

3 hours ago, CaptainDarkstar42 said:

So wait, the windows install is spread across multiple drives?  How did that happen? Can you give some screenshots please, I have a feeling there is some kind of miscommunication going on.  Also @Amelia 1 really has a lot of good info that you should read over and think about.  I use Macrium Reflect myself and it is great for cloning and modifying drives!!

Yes idk how it happened but it seems like both the hdd and an ssd on the old computer have windows folders. I’m out of town atm but I will send some screenshots when I get back Monday.