Searching for a fast 1TB NVMe

BotDamian

Hello,

I'm looking for a fast NVMe for my mini PC.

I don't need the fastest but it should be fast and reliable to store games and other things like UE4 projects etc

My Mainboard:

Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX (pcie4 m2 lanes)

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

I have a couple WD Blue M.2 SSDs, quite happy with them. The SN550 is rated at 2400 Mb/s, the SN570 is rated at 3200-3400 Mb/s. WD has several different series differentiated by color (Blue / Purple / Green / Black / Red / Gold) with different speed ratings, though I've only seen Blue and Black M.2s so far.

Avoid the SN850 Black unless you have a killer cooling setup -- those have been known to reach 100 degrees in testing (TechTester on YouBoobs). Their incredible speed seems awesome, but is only useful for server functions like RAID storage, and you'll need a PCIe 4.0 mobo. Comparison videos of SN570 / SN850 vs some other brand showed virtually no difference in loading games and apps, which really is the only performance benefit.

I actually just returned one in favor of a better mobo, case and cooling. I still have a brand-new 6TB Black series HDD for my build, which I'm pondering what my experience with will be. Probably different as opposed to SSD, especially M.2.

Edited by An0maly_76
More info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

I forgot to mention my MoBo, I have pcie4 on my MoBo and a cooler for the m2 and some of arctic thermal pads in my box 🙂

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3