cpu cooler

what is a cpu cooler that doesn't need an adapter for 12th gen intel cpus (if there is such thing) and isn't huge

2 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

what is a cpu cooler that doesn't need an adapter for 12th gen intel cpus (if there is such thing) and isn't huge

What do you mean by adapter? Do you mean the 3 pin / 4 pin PWM connector to the motherboard? And huge as in tall? Do you want a flat cooler or just not a large one in general no matter if tall but slim or flat but thick?

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

5 minutes ago, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

What do you mean by adapter? Do you mean the 3 pin / 4 pin PWM connector to the motherboard? And huge as in tall? Do you want a flat cooler or just not a large one in general no matter if tall but slim or flat but thick?

a mounting adapter and I don't want the cooler to be like this https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NH-D15-chromax-Black-Dual-Tower-Cooler/dp/B07Y87YHRH/ref=sr_1_3?crid=AIBDY3OQJ60&keywords=noctua+cpu+cooler&qid=1646068639&sprefix=noctua+cpu+coole%2Caps%2C136&sr=8-3

5 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

Ok so the only ones I found that have a compatible mounting kit included are:

Arctic Freezer i35 (has 4 different versions with RGB and non RGB and so on)

Noctua NH-L9i-17xx (basically a very flat cooler, you need to check if it fits onto your motherboard and doesn't hit the RAM when mounted)

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

45 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

I use a noctua D15 cooler on my i7-12700k and it runs perfectly, though I understand not wanting the beef it comes with.

Is there a size constraint you are trying to avoid? Outside of not being "huge"?

Edit: I have run into clearance problems with high profile DDR5 RAM, I had to move a fan upward. Luckily wasn't a problem because my case is extremely large.

19 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

Is there a size constraint you are trying to avoid?

whenever I look inside the pc I don't want the only thing I can see to be the cpu cooler

On 2/28/2022 at 1:22 PM, GloriousGamer321 said:

whenever I look inside the pc I don't want the only thing I can see to be the cpu cooler

A fair point

afaik u'll need LGA1700 mounting brackets for 12th gen intel cpus

UNLESS your z690/b660 mobo already has holes for both LGA1700 & LGA1200

example, asus strix-b660-f-gaming-wifi

image.png.ba4127f2592af20650cd2fbfdb825e6e.png

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini