What is the actual output max resolution refresh rate of the i7 11700k?

nelska

It doesn't have the refresh rate as a part of the specs will it be able to display 1920x1080 at 240hz?

4 minutes ago, nelska said:

It doesn't have the refresh rate as a part of the specs will it be able to display 1920x1080 at 240hz?

It depends on the display spec of the port you are using as well as the cable.

3 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

It depends on the display spec of the port you are using as well as the cable.

display port. display port cable. I am sorry i didn't verify that is the only port that would. lol. Most of the newer mobos i am seeing atm at microcenter have a display port on the panel and it got me to thinking of running my next build through the mobo itself so I could utilize the entire thing. Instead of [PEG]ing the entire thing to the gpu. 

apparently the uhd 630 igpu can output 1920x1080 at 240hz so I assume the uhd 750 can as long as your motherboard has a hdmi 2.0/2.1 port

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-maximum-refresh-rate-supported-by-Intel-Core-i5-8500-Intel-UHD-Graphics-630-at-1920-x-1080

Hope my response helps 🙂 

GPU MSI Gaming Ventus OC RTX 2060 CPU Intel Core i5-12600k Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X Memory Crucial DDR5 4800 Storage Western Digital SN850 500gb | PSU Corsair RM650x (2018) | CPU cooler Corsair H150i Elite Capellix Monitor MSI  Mouse Logitech G305 White Keyboard Royal Kludge RK61 (Cherry MX Reds) | Headset Logitech G533 |

Just now, Michael2 said:

apparently the uhd 630 igpu can output 1920x1080 at 240hz so I assume the uhd 750 can as long as your motherboard has a hdmi 2.0/2.1 port

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-maximum-refresh-rate-supported-by-Intel-Core-i5-8500-Intel-UHD-Graphics-630-at-1920-x-1080

Thanks. Or displayport. I don't even know what hdmi 2.0 is off hand yet. 

1 minute ago, nelska said:

Thanks. Or displayport. I don't even know what hdmi 2.0 is off hand yet. 

what model of motherboard do you have?

Hope my response helps 🙂 

GPU MSI Gaming Ventus OC RTX 2060 CPU Intel Core i5-12600k Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X Memory Crucial DDR5 4800 Storage Western Digital SN850 500gb | PSU Corsair RM650x (2018) | CPU cooler Corsair H150i Elite Capellix Monitor MSI  Mouse Logitech G305 White Keyboard Royal Kludge RK61 (Cherry MX Reds) | Headset Logitech G533 |

3 minutes ago, Michael2 said:

what model of motherboard do you have?

I am currently running a 6th gen i7 6700 skylake on a mobo that doesnt support anything better. lol. b250 pc mate but i got to building and came across $1500

i7 11700k

evga 3050 8gb

1tb nvme

evga 650 watt psu automatic eco mode 

32gb ddr4

And the best they had for a mobo was like the MSI MPG z490? 

47 minutes ago, nelska said:

I am currently running a 6th gen i7 6700 skylake on a mobo that doesnt support anything better. lol. b250 pc mate but i got to building and came across $1500

i7 11700k

evga 3050 8gb

1tb nvme

evga 650 watt psu automatic eco mode 

32gb ddr4

And the best they had for a mobo was like the MSI MPG z490? 

The CPU doesn't define anything, the monitor is connected to the graphics card. If you're buying a new PC get 12th gen intel or ryzen.

22 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

The CPU doesn't define anything, the monitor is connected to the graphics card. If you're buying a new PC get 12th gen intel or ryzen.

Well, I plan on using a multiple monitor set up with the other one plugged into the cpu. So, I would need it defined as to what it can actually put out especially considering how crazy the specs of monitors are these days. back when gpus first came out you could just port anything because anything over 60hz wasnt even available or around yet. 

30 minutes ago, nelska said:

Well, I plan on using a multiple monitor set up with the other one plugged into the cpu. So, I would need it defined as to what it can actually put out especially considering how crazy the specs of monitors are these days. back when gpus first came out you could just port anything because anything over 60hz wasnt even available or around yet. 

Okay that makes sense, you need to look at the motherboard page for the version of video output plug you want to use.

32 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Okay that makes sense, you need to look at the motherboard page for the version of video output plug you want to use.

I know my monitor currently am using doesn't support hdmi at 240hz. That's why its got a display port on it. I am a tad bit confused. How come they did that instead?

guys. I went ahead and decided if I am going to use integrated graphics I am going to need a non gaming pc set with the PSU raised where they are in a classic sense. lol. An old school cpu cooler. lol.