High temps at 40% cpu usage

JeretiBoi
Go to solution Solved by manikyath,
22 minutes ago, RMTM said:

First of all, per design, if you remove at least one(1) fan, you already made your AIO inefficient. The hot liquid passing thru the radiator pipes will not be cooled efficiently as it goes back to the AIO pump assembly. In the cycle, it will just keeps getting higher.

If the 3rd fan and AIO system fill not fit your case, I suggest for you to get a 240mm AIO instead, that will fit in your MSI Vampiric 100R like a MAG CORELIQUID 240R AIO. Please take note that MSI MAG Vampiric 100R only supports radiators of these sizes: 120/240mm front and 120mm rear.

At the moment, here is what I suggest you can do while you decide to get a proper cooler:

- Check your AIO heatsink plate if it is properly mounted and with the right amount and application of thermal compound/paste.

- Adjust your AIO fans to run at 100% as it reaches 70degC. This will allow your AIO to keep up.

- Check your AIO pump if it is working.

sorry to be crude but.. you're wrong.

yes, running a 3-fan radiator with only two fans is suboptimal, but i literally cannot be worse than a 2-fan radiator with both fans. there is also so such thing as a cycle where things keep getting hotter. it always has a stabile point.

on topic, my guess is that either the game is making your cpu go full turbo because it needs a few cores at full bolt, or a less than ideal mount on the cpu block, or a combination of both.

either way, while 83c is toasty, it's nowhere near any sort of danger level.

i've recently took a few degrees off my ryzen7 by remounting my cooler, turns out contact wasnt quite right and having another go took some temperature out of it.

In my PC I have a i5-11600K getting cooled by an MSI Coreliquid 360R AIO (it has 2 of 3 fans because my GPU blocks the spot for the middle fan) In a MSI Vampiric 100R case. I have two Intakes and two exhausts in the case .

Idle temps are always around 40 degrees but when playing certain games (PUBG especially) my CPU Core Temp reaches 78-83 degrees with ~40% CPU Usage at 4600Mhz. Is this normal or is the CPU really getting too hot? Or could the missing fan on my AIO just be the problem.

1 hour ago, JeretiBoi said:

In my PC I have a i5-11600K getting cooled by an MSI Coreliquid 360R AIO (it has 2 of 3 fans because my GPU blocks the spot for the middle fan) In a MSI Vampiric 100R case. I have two Intakes and two exhausts in the case .

Idle temps are always around 40 degrees but when playing certain games (PUBG especially) my CPU Core Temp reaches 78-83 degrees with ~40% CPU Usage at 4600Mhz. Is this normal or is the CPU really getting too hot? Or could the missing fan on my AIO just be the problem.

First of all, per design, if you remove at least one(1) fan, you already made your AIO inefficient. The hot liquid passing thru the radiator pipes will not be cooled efficiently as it goes back to the AIO pump assembly. In the cycle, it will just keeps getting higher.

If the 3rd fan and AIO system fill not fit your case, I suggest for you to get a 240mm AIO instead, that will fit in your MSI Vampiric 100R like a MAG CORELIQUID 240R AIO. Please take note that MSI MAG Vampiric 100R only supports radiators of these sizes: 120/240mm front and 120mm rear.

At the moment, here is what I suggest you can do while you decide to get a proper cooler:

- Check your AIO heatsink plate if it is properly mounted and with the right amount and application of thermal compound/paste.

- Adjust your AIO fans to run at 100% as it reaches 70degC. This will allow your AIO to keep up.

22 minutes ago, RMTM said:

yes, running a 3-fan radiator with only two fans is suboptimal, but i literally cannot be worse than a 2-fan radiator with both fans. there is also so such thing as a cycle where things keep getting hotter. it always has a stabile point.

on topic, my guess is that either the game is making your cpu go full turbo because it needs a few cores at full bolt, or a less than ideal mount on the cpu block, or a combination of both.

i've recently took a few degrees off my ryzen7 by remounting my cooler, turns out contact wasnt quite right and having another go took some temperature out of it.

38 minutes ago, RMTM said:

If the 3 fan and AIO system fill not fit your case, I suggest for you to get a 240mm AIO instead,

makes no sense.

38 minutes ago, RMTM said:

like a MAG CORELIQUID 240R AIO..

plz dont recommend trash

1 hour ago, JeretiBoi said:

replace the trash AIO with another 360. problem solved

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Maybe the engineering books where wrong. And the manufacturers could have designed to put 1x120mm on a 360mm radiator. No worries, I will not comment in your next quote. For it will be pointless. 

3 minutes ago, NorKris said:

makes no sense.

plz dont recommend trash

hahaha...you are the one that is not making any sense. Another 360mm?! Really?! You are hilarious! Read the whole OP's notes.

Anyway, pointless replying to you. I am just hope that the OP will not go with what you just mentioned above. No follow up comment here.

29 minutes ago, RMTM said:

hahaha...you are the one that is not making any sense. Another 360mm?! Really?! You are hilarious! Read the whole OP's notes.

Anyway, pointless replying to you. I am just hope that the OP will not go with what you just mentioned above. No follow up comment here.

ok so you think with ur very limited knowledge that he should have a 240 aio cuz he cant use 3 fans on a 360. 

you are here implaying that 2 fans on a 240mm surface has more cooling capacity than 2 fans on 360mm surface... not even flat earthers are this stupid. 

take a 240 on a cpu with no fans and look at temps..  then take a 360... i think we all know what is going to happen. 

its pointless to replay to me? YOU JUST DID... wow   

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 4:33 PM, manikyath said:

Sorry for the late response, I've opened up my pc and remounted the cooler and reapplied the thermal paste, also blew out all the dust that I could.

Now it runs perfectly fine again, don't know what did the trick but thanks. (Idle went from 40-45 to ~35, and in pubg it sits around 70

now)

On 2/25/2022 at 4:41 PM, NorKris said:

makes no sense.

plz dont recommend trash

I've gotten a lot of people saying the AIO I got is kinda trash, as long as I have no problems with it I'm not gonna replace it right now (as it doesn't seem to be broken) but I definitely won't use/recommend msi's coolers in the future. Btw the 360m AIO fits the case perfectly fine, its the GPU that's blocking the middle fan bc its too long.

Thanks for your replies

On 2/25/2022 at 9:41 AM, NorKris said:

I do agree that the MSI is not great when it comes to coolers (based on the issues that folks are reporting), replacing it with another 360 AIO would also cause the same clearance issue right? Unless OP changes the fan configuration or something like that, the issue will still persist, or am I missing something?

1 minute ago, r01100011 said:

I do agree that the MSI is not great when it comes to coolers (based on the issues that folks are reporting), replacing it with another 360 AIO would also cause the same clearance issue right? Unless OP changes the fan configuration or something like that, the issue will still persist, or am I missing something?

high temps cuz of bad AIO. 2fans on a 360 is ok 

On 3/9/2022 at 4:59 PM, r01100011 said:

yea I thought that too, a higher quality AIO might make a very small difference but as long as I can't mount the middle fan it wont change that much

On 3/11/2022 at 10:24 PM, Jeppes said:

MSI did a recall on these.

Update: Since yesterday, all of a sudden my temps are higher than they've ever been and the cpu reaches 100 degrees when launching games, I think i'm gonna send it back afterall

2 hours ago, JeretiBoi said:

Update: Since yesterday, all of a sudden my temps are higher than they've ever been and the cpu reaches 100 degrees when launching games, I think i'm gonna send it back afterall

It was not all of those ever made but based on temps one could guess yours is affected.

there have been a few case where MSI AIO microfins are clogged, due to bad coolant mix they put in

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini