Samsung C49RG9 49" curved Display using 100% GPU

ameek Singh

hey m using Alienware R14 , AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16 core with RTX 3080 , So my Samsung 49" curved monitor (c49rg90) using 100% GPU when ever I hover my mouse on Maximize button. and also lag some games, but they work fine with my Asus 27 in monitor. Any suggestion will helpful. thanks

Seems normal to me. Reorganizing all the windows on your desktop at once is a fairly intensive process, and it spikes to 100% because the GPU is in a low power 2D mode while just sitting on the desktop.

As for getting more lag on this monitor than a 27 inch monitor, what's the pixel count of the 27 inch monitor? If it's 1080p obviously you're getting more lag on a 1080p super ultrawide monitor because it has double the pixels. If it's 1440p that seems unusual, since the pixel counts are fairly close. Is there something unusual about the lag other that isn't explained by different pixel counts?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 hour ago, BobVonBob said:

Seems normal to me. Reorganizing all the windows on your desktop at once is a fairly intensive process, and it spikes to 100% because the GPU is in a low power 2D mode while just sitting on the desktop.

As for getting more lag on this monitor than a 27 inch monitor, what's the pixel count of the 27 inch monitor? If it's 1080p obviously you're getting more lag on a 1080p super ultrawide monitor because it has double the pixels. If it's 1440p that seems unusual, since the pixel counts are fairly close. Is there something unusual about the lag other that isn't explained by different pixel counts?

Thanks @BobVonBob,

27 inch is 4k , I tried with 2 monitors setup one 4k and another 2k. (both 27") not lag at all. Even m not reorganizing just hovering on it.