Write protection, but only on my laptop

Gamy786
Go to solution Solved by Gamy786,
1 minute ago, Gamy786 said:

could it be that my card reader is just broken? I have no other devices to test that though

wow... I've used the old pc of my dad now. It can read the card, but my laptop can't. I guess my card reader really is broken...

My micro SD Card (200gb, SanDisk SDXC) is only working on my android devices for some reason. I've plugged it into my phone and tablet, after that in my laptop with adapter into the SD Card slot of my laptop. With my androids, it works like a charm, But like I said, with my laptop, there is some write protection. I've tried it with multiple adapters, still won't work.

4 minutes ago, Gamy786 said:

My micro SD Card (200gb, SanDisk SDXC) is only working on my android devices for some reason. I've plugged it into my phone and tablet, after that in my laptop with adapter into the SD Card slot of my laptop. With my androids, it works like a charm, But like I said, with my laptop, there is some write protection. I've tried it with multiple adapters, still won't work.

Does any of those adapters have a little slide on the side?
Make sure that slide is away from the gold contacts, as that can be the write protect switch.

Ive found these are also on Micro-SD adapters. And some are so weak/smooth they slide into locked position as soon as you plug it into an SD slot.

move-lock-switch-to-remove-write-protection.png

Put it in unlocked setting and put some thin tape over it to keep it in place.
(Thats what i had to do on one that slide almost just by gravity 😄 ).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

34 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Does any of those adapters have a little slide on the side?
Make sure that slide is away from the gold contacts, as that can be the write protect switch.

Ive found these are also on Micro-SD adapters. And some are so weak/smooth they slide into locked position as soon as you plug it into an SD slot.

move-lock-switch-to-remove-write-protection.png

I've tried that, it didn't help,

Screenshot 2022-02-22 140320.png

could it be that my card reader is just broken? I have no other devices to test that though

1 minute ago, Gamy786 said:

wow... I've used the old pc of my dad now. It can read the card, but my laptop can't. I guess my card reader really is broken...