please advise, gpu does not out via gpu, it use onboard and uses gpu as shared

hi there, 

specs I'm using..

CPU --intel core i5 4460 lga 1150

M BOARD-- intel h81

GPU-- geforce GT 640

4 gb ram.

Screenshot_2.png.00316865ba2cf8bbc7e49e7902c1cde3.png

let me start from begging, first I was unable to post while GPU was inserted into M Board, even though I set System agent in bios to select PCIE first, it would just not post at all, then I tried one last time and selected SG(switchable GFX) if finally posted and i was in windows but outputting from onboard and not GPU, so i installed intel GT 640 drive and windows now pick it up, but uses it as shared GPU, when I'm in windows it uses onboard and when I'm playing games it uses the GT640,

while the pc is running in windows i unplug HDMI cable and insert into GPU but does not output anything,

now my question is I'm not sure if i should just leave it as is or do i tinker around and risk not been able to use GPU,

will upload a few pics, 

please any advise would greatly be acceptedScreenshot_6.png.fff4aa564a3c1c8abd7f88da37767bae.png723505924_gt2.png.a849479b4e3a6bde0076f5de29f7269e.png480734505_gt1.png.537eeb7f1231e8e45aed386f82372f9c.png

b2.png

b3.png

bios1.png

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_7.png

23 minutes ago, Adrian_was_Here said:

but uses it as shared GPU, when I'm in windows it uses onboard and when I'm playing games it uses the GT640

That's useless on a desktop. It don't give you any advantage in powersaving or anything else. The iGPU is only usefull when you use more displays than a GT640 can manage.

When you tried with the setting for PCIE-graphics, did you connect the display-cable to the GPU?

If you connect the monitor to the GPU and have the BIOS-setting to Auto, it should start with the GPU as active even in Windows.

If it is working with shared graphics and it switch over to the GPU when playing, then everything is OK. All the display output via iGPU and the motherboard. 

6 hours ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

When you tried with the setting for PCIE-graphics, did you connect the display-cable to the GPU?

If you connect the monitor to the GPU and have the BIOS-setting to Auto, it should start with the GPU as active even in Windows.

If it is working with shared graphics and it switch over to the GPU when playing, then everything is OK. All the display output via iGPU and the motherboard. 

it would not post at all if i set it to PCIE or AUTO, and yes tried onboard and gpu

6 hours ago, --SID-- said:

That's useless on a desktop. It don't give you any advantage in powersaving or anything else. The iGPU is only usefull when you use more displays than a GT640 can manage.

any idea hot to get it to use gt 640 and not onboard hdmi

Could you borrow a different card from someone and try with that?

It is very strange it won't boot at all with just the GT 640.

42 minutes ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

i have a gt 240, both cards work in my older dual core system

43 minutes ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

i think it might just be that the card are old and if i was to get sum sort of new card it would work, i belive the mobo is on the newer side less thsn a year old while gpu is crazy old

12 hours ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

Tried with another PCIE-slot?

Board only has 1 x PCIE slot. The other one is a mini