PC doesn't detect my monitor's speakers or my tv for audio output after waking up from sleep mode.

Ein0r

Hi, the title basically describes my problem.

I have

• Windows 10, Ryzen 5 1600, Asus B350+ Motherboard
  • A gtx 1060
  • Two monitors that are connected to the gpu via display port and dvi port (AOC 27g2u with inbuilt speakers and an older BenQ monitor)
  • A TV that's also connected to the gpu via a hdmi cable

The TV basically works as my third monitor, and a desktop extension.

Until recently, maybe a week or so, everything worked fine. When I wanted to watch a movie I changed the audio output to my tv in the windows audio settings, moved the browser window to my tv and watch whatever I wanted. When I got up in the morning I also woke up my pc and everything was fine.

But since a few days my pc doesn't recognize my tv as an audio device anymore after waking up, it completely disappeared from the list. The same goes for  the speakers of the AOC monitor. The display setting detects my tv and all my monitors but the audio setting only detects my logitech speakers. The Windows Sound Output would normally show 4 options (realtek, realtek speakers, monitor, tv) instead of only two. The Sound menu also only shows my speakers, and nothing turns up when I display deactivated devices or disconnected devices. But the "setting up digital audio" tab in the nvidia system settings recognize my monitor and my tv as "audio capable devices". 

Restarting the pc solves the problem, but that's quite inconvenient for me. Normally I get up, wake up the pc, watch a few videos and then turn off the pc when I leave the house.

Restarting solves the problem

Turning off the tv and back on, or the monitor for that matter does nothing.

Unplugging the hdmi/dsiplay port cable doesn't help either.

I pressed the reset to default in the nvidia system settings audio tab, without success.

Edit: I also checked the Device Manager and under the adio input -output tab it only found Speakers, Realtek Digital Output and Stereomix. After restarting my pc, it also lists the TV and my monitor.

audio.jpg

Edit: As a comparison, this is how it looks after the restart:

audio2.thumb.jpg.65d51200aa9fe420594184b3893162b9.jpg