No signal when display is turned off for a while and turned back on while PC is on

Junpaku

Issue:

When I need to keep my PC on overnight, I manually turn my monitor off. In the morning when I turn the monitor back on no signal is detected. I tried replugging the DP cable to the monitor and to the GPU with no success. I use the keyboard/mouse to try and get signal with no luck. To test, I also play Spotify on my phone and change the output to my PC and I can hear the sound playing through my headphones connected to the PC. For context, I recently (2 weeks ago) have been using this EVGA RTX 3060 Ti and only then was this an issue but I'm not sure if it's related to the issue. To test, on some nights, if I keep the monitor on while the PC is on this issue does not occur.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Let me know if you need more info.

Thank you in advance.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

32GB DDR4 RAM

B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC MOBO

Gigabyte G34WQC Monitor (connected via DP)

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti GPU

Corsair RMx 750 Watt PSU

XPG 476 SSD Boot Drive + Internal HDDs

Power Options: Ultimate Performance

Turn off the display: Never

Put the computer to sleep: Never

NVIDIA Driver Installed: 511.65

Why not just put the monitor to sleep in windows settings?  Change "Turn off the display" to "after 10 minutes" or something.

8 hours ago, Junpaku said:

Issue:

When I need to keep my PC on overnight, I manually turn my monitor off. In the morning when I turn the monitor back on no signal is detected. I tried replugging the DP cable to the monitor and to the GPU with no success. I use the keyboard/mouse to try and get signal with no luck. To test, I also play Spotify on my phone and change the output to my PC and I can hear the sound playing through my headphones connected to the PC. For context, I recently (2 weeks ago) have been using this EVGA RTX 3060 Ti and only then was this an issue but I'm not sure if it's related to the issue. To test, on some nights, if I keep the monitor on while the PC is on this issue does not occur.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Let me know if you need more info.

Thank you in advance.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

32GB DDR4 RAM

B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC MOBO

Gigabyte G34WQC Monitor (connected via DP)

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti GPU

Corsair RMx 750 Watt PSU

XPG 476 SSD Boot Drive + Internal HDDs

Power Options: Ultimate Performance

Turn off the display: Never

Put the computer to sleep: Never

NVIDIA Driver Installed: 511.65

Could be a few things
-See if your monitor has a newer firmware/software available for it. Might be the monitor hitting a weird edge case.

-Get a Vesa certified DisplayPort cable, DP cables are known to have some sleep/wake issues depending on the build and what DP version your monitor/GPU is using. 
I thought my monitor was failing as it would take forever when first turned on to show a picture, turned out I had a poor cable (and it was DP 1.2 certified supposedly)

9 hours ago, Frizz said:

Could be a few things
-See if your monitor has a newer firmware/software available for it. Might be the monitor hitting a weird edge case.

-Get a Vesa certified DisplayPort cable, DP cables are known to have some sleep/wake issues depending on the build and what DP version your monitor/GPU is using. 
I thought my monitor was failing as it would take forever when first turned on to show a picture, turned out I had a poor cable (and it was DP 1.2 certified supposedly)

Thanks. I'll try getting a vesa certified DP cable and test that.

Good point, I'll try and check for a firmware update for my monitor.

Will let ya'll know how it works out.