Air flow

Ebony Falcon

I assume my case fans are doing a good job if my temps are the same with the side panel on vs off?

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

It means that your case airflow is decent. Heat exchange is happening at a reasonable rate. However, it's also not usually consistent for all components.

For example, when I remove the side panel on my case, the CPU actually gets a bit hotter, but the GPU gets a bit cooler. I think the reason is that the top front intake fan, air cooler fans, and exhaust fan are basically in a straight line. With the side panel on, the airflow is basically perfect. By removing the panel, it probably introduces turbulence and slightly disrupts this. However, the GPU just has the bottom front intake pointing at it, and no rear bottom exhaust, so it's probably a bit starved for air. By removing the side panel, its own fans can pull air in from the side to add more fresh air.

But this is just a guess by me. Fluid dynamics are insanely complex, so without extensive testing, it would be hard to know for sure what the ideal set-up is for either of us.

5 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

By removing the side panel, its own fans can pull air in from the side to add more fresh air.

Depending on the card, then the hot exhaust air’s also able to be dispersed out the side of the case, possibly contributing to its cooler temps.

37 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

Depending on the card, then the hot exhaust air’s also able to be dispersed out the side of the case, possibly contributing to its cooler temps.

2080ti ftw3

A5D45922-DCAD-4F9F-8018-6C89D49157FC.jpeg

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

3 hours ago, Ebony Falcon said:

2080ti ftw3

A5D45922-DCAD-4F9F-8018-6C89D49157FC.jpeg

Nice case.

Not sure on that Nvidia card. I know mt 6700XT throws out heat toward my glass panel. My temps are fine though, so i'm not concerned.

I did have it installed in an older case that had fan mounts on the side panel where I could feel a lot of hot air coming out, which was why the temps in that case were also good, despite the inferior airflow overall compared to the 4000D...

IMG_2877.thumb.jpeg.eb1d71a8a5442539aed55b01115c8190.jpeg

IMG_0545.thumb.jpeg.8a056977e0c208581a6b7bee154218c4.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ralfi said:

Nice case.

Not sure on that Nvidia card. I know mt 6700XT throws out heat toward my glass panel. My temps are fine though, so i'm not concerned.

I did have it installed in an older case that had fan mounts on the side panel where I could feel a lot of hot air coming out, which was why the temps in that case were also good, despite the inferior airflow overall compared to the 4000D...

IMG_2877.thumb.jpeg.eb1d71a8a5442539aed55b01115c8190.jpeg

IMG_0545.thumb.jpeg.8a056977e0c208581a6b7bee154218c4.jpeg

side intake / exhaust is good but tempered glass killed it and sli is dead so...

micro atx and sff builds do use sides with out tempered glass as then need all the cooling it can get. and there some hybrids to that have glass and cooling mind blown like

Lian Li Q58

1-91.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links