Can someone check over my build please.

Madmax_Hart

Budget (including currency):  around $1,500 (USD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Train Sim World 2, Minecraft Bedrock and Java, Recording gameplay, VR games though steam VR, Streaming if possible, video editing in Premiere Pro. I am also running 3 monitors (1 at 1080p@60hz and 2 at lass than that 1600X900@60hz and another at 1366x768@60hz with a plan to get 3 4k monitors later down the line). I am also going to do some crypto mining when i am not using my PC (the mining is for fun and not for profit)

Other details 

Sorry this post is long. I just had been updating/changing parts for a bout a year now and I want to make sure everything is right so I can build it with the least amount of problems.

Parts List:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/krHCJM

CPU: Intel Core i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($460.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.98 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ELITE AC ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($324.14 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team Elite 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL22 Memory 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12GB LHR 12 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($1758.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($61.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic PRIME TX 1000 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($299.99 @ Best Buy) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($108.78 @ Other World Computing) 
Total: $3212.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-02-14 13:14 EST-0500

I already have a graphics card and it is on its way from Newegg "ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 OC Edition Graphics Card (PCIe 4.0, 12GB GDDR6X". I heard that Ryzen might be the way to go with this build but I am not sure. Also this PC is next to two bedrooms so I am trying to have it be as quite as possible with out breaking the bank. Should I go to a lower wattage PSU. I am trying to have it be as efficient as possible to help cut down on electricity costs (electricity is pretty cheap where I am so it not a big deal). I want to use M.2 drives (at least one for my boot drive and possibly another one for games). I do have SSDs that I will most likely use with the new PC that are in my current PC. Then at some point put in this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WDM3H9Z/?coliid=I28KF9D1HF2AQY&colid=1IOP2HQ5MB73N&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it (its a m.2 expansion card) in the 2nd PCIe slot and populate it with m.2 drives.

Thank you all for any help you can provide.

Edit: I do apologize if I posted this in the wrong topic or something similar

Don’t get an 11900k. Please. I’m begging you. Steve from Gamers Nexus will track you down.

Also, for minecraft and your monitors? Lose a whole load of this budget and get some new monitors instead. You won’t be able to take advantage of the hardware anyway my guy.

5 minutes ago, Madmax_Hart said:

CPU: Intel Core i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($460.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.98 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ELITE AC ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($324.14 @ Amazon) 

Do not get this. That CPU has been nicknamed "The waste of Sand" because it was actually worse than the previous gen i9, and 12th gen absolutely crushes it in performance for less money. It doesn't sound like you're gonna be doing anything that benefits from 11th gen Intel (there are like 2 scenarios where it makes sense), so I would go for 12th gen for this system. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3dD99r

This has a faster CPU, faster RAM, similarly performing SSD, and all the other components are the same overall quality. The PSU is a lower wattage and efficiency, but that's mostly because there's no way you're gonna make that money back on your power bill. 

CL22 is going to be rough for RAM. Not sure how cheap you're finding that, but you can do much better. 

Swapped to a 12700k instead of the 11900k. Motherboard is half the cost with the same features +PCIE 5 for storage if you hold onto this build long enough that you need it.

Went for a RM850x since you don't need a 1000W PSU for this by any means. Saved $300 while getting better ram.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($374.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z690-P D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($216.49 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($129.94 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 SE 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12GB LHR 12 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($1758.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($61.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($108.78 @ Other World Computing) 
Total: $2975.14
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-02-14 13:47 EST-0500

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

😀 I see that many of us are thinking along the same lines.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($374.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($239.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($114.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($189.96 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1350.66
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-02-14 13:54 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Do not get this. That CPU has been nicknamed "The waste of Sand" because it was actually worse than the previous gen i9, and 12th gen absolutely crushes it in performance for less money. It doesn't sound like you're gonna be doing anything that benefits from 11th gen Intel (there are like 2 scenarios where it makes sense), so I would go for 12th gen for this system. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3dD99r

This has a faster CPU, faster RAM, similarly performing SSD, and all the other components are the same overall quality. The PSU is a lower wattage and efficiency, but that's mostly because there's no way you're gonna make that money back on your power bill. 

Could I do a i9? Since I am planning on having this system for a while and would/plan to upgrade the GPU every couple of years.

1 hour ago, cole.dw said:

Don’t get an 11900k. Please. I’m begging you. Steve from Gamers Nexus will track you down.

Also, for minecraft and your monitors? Lose a whole load of this budget and get some new monitors instead. You won’t be able to take advantage of the hardware anyway my guy.

Ronothan## sugjested this list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3dD99r any thoughts.

Just now, Madmax_Hart said:

Could I do a i9? Since I am planning on having this system for a while and would/plan to upgrade the GPU every couple of years.

You could, but you'd need to get a better case and cooler. the 12900k is an inferno of a CPU, drawing almost double the power of the 12700k under full load for not much more performance.

Personally, I'd stay 12700k. For gaming, they're basically identical. For video editing, it's a bit slower, but not much. You lose 4 E cores, which isn't that important. 

4 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

You could, but you'd need to get a better case and cooler. the 12900k is an inferno of a CPU, drawing almost double the power of the 12700k under full load for not much more performance.

Personally, I'd stay 12700k. For gaming, they're basically identical. For video editing, it's a bit slower, but not much. You lose 4 E cores, which isn't that important. 

Ok. I'll stick with your suggestion. Did/could you check that the AIO would fit in the case?

Ok. Obviously, thank you all for your quick replies.

After looking over almost all of the parts list you all have put together I have just realized that the really only difference between the lists are the ram and m.2 drive. I am going to go with 32gb of ram since that should help with video editing and after effects work (I also use photoshop and illustrator) as I will have more space to dump all the assets and things. Also I heard that Samsung is the way to go with m.2 drives for read and write speeds. Am I wrong? Or are the two drives you guys have suggested are on par with Samsung?

So I am going to go with Ronothan##'s list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3dD99r

If you guys have any other suggestions I would love to hear them. As I thought I did all my research but apparently I didn't do enough and this build is my first build. As all my previous pcs have been used custom built.

Again I am very grateful for all of your help with my list as I was able to nock the price down like 2 or 3 hundred dollars.

Edit: Should I go with Windows 10 Home or Pro? I am leaning towards Pro just for the extra features. But I am not interlay sure on what version I would need. I have however ran across issues where I would have used the pro version.

Edited by Madmax_Hart

32 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Is it possible to get a mobo with bluetooth as I don't want to use a bluetooth dongle. If so what would you recomend? If you can find one could you update your PC Parts List please? Thanks.

Edit: I think I found it https://pcpartpicker.com/user/madmax_hart/saved/k3k6Q7 the MSI Pro 2690-A WiFi

21 minutes ago, Madmax_Hart said:

Ok. I'll stick with your suggestion. Did/could you check that the AIO would fit in the case?

It should.

10 minutes ago, Madmax_Hart said:

Edit: Should I go with Windows 10 Home or Pro? I am leaning towards Pro just for the extra features. But I am not interlay sure on what version I would need. I have however ran across issues where I would have used the pro version.

They're usually basically the same price, so go Pro. Also, if you're going Alder Lake, you really should be going for Windows 11 since the upgraded scheduler does improve performance quite a bit. If you're just gonna disable the E cores and max out the clock speed, then yeah, run Windows 10, but you will lose out on performance in video editing, so might as well just have them enabled. 

1 minute ago, Madmax_Hart said:

Is it possible to get a mobo with bluetooth as I don't want to use a bluetooth dongle. If so what would you recomend? If you can find one could you update your PC Parts List please? Thanks.

The motherboard I added does have a version with WiFi and Bluetooth for $20 more.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TjgGXy

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The motherboard I added does have a version with WiFi and Bluetooth for $20 more.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TjgGXy

6 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It should.

They're usually basically the same price, so go Pro. Also, if you're going Alder Lake, you really should be going for Windows 11 since the upgraded scheduler does improve performance quite a bit. If you're just gonna disable the E cores and max out the clock speed, then yeah, run Windows 10, but you will lose out on performance in video editing, so might as well just have them enabled. 

Once I get windows 10 configured and use it for a month or so I will most likely upgrade to windows 11 and try it out as long as all my games work on it. I would try it now but my current desktop doesn't meet the requirements. Yes, the extra $20 is fine for me as long as I have Bluetooth built in. Since I have read the the dongles can be very flakey. Thank you again for your help and I might come up with more questions to ask you latter but that should be it for now.