HELP! Lian li lancool II missing all hardware.

Mrman525

I bought a case open box but it stated all the pieces were there. However I have never built a pc and did not know it was supposed to come with screws and hardware. I thought the screws came with the motherboard. However as I was building my first pc today I noticed I had no screws. I have no motherboard screws, ssd screws, psu screws, and all the others that usually come with the chasis. I have a picture of the manual that shows all the missing parts. I am outside of my return window. Does anyone know where I can get all these? 

Screenshot_20220212-170745_Samsung Notes.jpg

5 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

Thanks for the help! It looks like it does. I see 9 of them. Is there a way to tell where each of these will go. Is there like standard sizes for each type of screw? 

9 minutes ago, Mrman525 said:

Thanks for the help! It looks like it does. I see 9 of them. Is there a way to tell where each of these will go. Is there like standard sizes for each type of screw? 

Have you contacted Lian Li to see if they'll just send you the hardware?

Check the HDD bays, and the PSU bay. They're probably just in a box in a HDD cage.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

13 minutes ago, Mrman525 said:

The holes all line up in the same places on all motherboards that conform to the ATX standard. (MicroATX and Mini ITX are subsets of ATX, they don't reach all the holes but the ones they do use are in the same places.)

There are a few different screw sizes that PCs use, but in general only a few are important (and they're a universal standard across all brands and models):

3.5" hard drives, power supplies, motherboards, standoffs, and case screws are all the same size and thread pitch. (#6-32)

Optical drives and 2.5" drives use a smaller thread pitch. (M3)

NVME SSDs use an even smaller screw.  (CM2 x 3)

Like others have said, there are many affordable kits out there that will come with every size you need and more.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

26 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Check the HDD bays, and the PSU bay. They're probably just in a box in a HDD cage.

+1ing this, I'm 99% sure the screws for my Lancool II Mesh came in the HDD cage. Failing all else, contacting Lian Li direct is still worth a shot even if you're outside the return window.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

28 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

I have emailed them today so we will see. And yes I bought it open box from micro center and have checked in every crevice but there aren't any screws. They have me an extra 15 dollars off but they were out of stock for spare screws.  

2 minutes ago, CT854 said:

+1ing this, I'm 99% sure the screws for my Lancool II Mesh came in the HDD cage. Failing all else, contacting Lian Li direct is still worth a shot even if you're outside the return window.

Yes I contacted them just to see but I bought the case from micro center and they gave me an extra 15 dollars off for the issue because it was listed as having all the parts.  But I contacted lian li just in case any way. 

29 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

The holes all line up in the same places on all motherboards that conform to the ATX standard. (MicroATX and Mini ITX are subsets of ATX, they don't reach all the holes but the ones they do use are in the same places.)

There are a few different screw sizes that PCs use, but in general only a few are important (and they're a universal standard across all brands and models):

3.5" hard drives, power supplies, motherboards, standoffs, and case screws are all the same size and thread pitch. (#6-32)

Optical drives and 2.5" drives use a smaller thread pitch. (M3)

NVME SSDs use an even smaller screw.  (CM2 x 3)

Like others have said, there are many affordable kits out there that will come with every size you need and more.

Thank you this is so helpful. Sorry to push my luck but do you also happen to know what size the psu mounting screws are? 

2 minutes ago, Mrman525 said:

Thank you this is so helpful. Sorry to push my luck but do you also happen to know what size the psu mounting screws are? 

Same as 3.5" hard drives and case screws: #6-32.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

10 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Same as 3.5" hard drives and case screws: #6-32.

Sweet! Thanks so much! I was stressed for a while.  

30 minutes ago, CT854 said:

I'm interested to see what Lian Li does here and if @Mrman525told them they bought it open box. If they give the hardware that's a huge + for their CS. 

Edit: I just want to clarify that if OP was honest that they bought it open box, and LL doesn't send the hardware, I wouldn't really fault them for that. That $15 you saved is what the hardware costs roughly. I'm curious if they'll "Noctua" this and just drop ship it no questions asked though. 

Edited by IkeaGnome
Added more

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

I'm interested to see what Lian Li does here and if @Mrman525told them they bought it open box. If they give the hardware that's a huge + for their CS. 

i also want to know what lian li does here. can you keep us posted

18 hours ago, leonardmartin29 said:

i also want to know what lian li does here. can you keep us posted

Definitely!

• 2 weeks later...