Help on planning with my new build PC

Voidzik

Budget (including currency): $1500 (max 6000 PLN)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: A lot of games including AAA upcoming next gen games.

Other details :

Currently I have I7 4790K, 16GB RAM and GTX 980 4G and I am planning to buy new PC soon with no GPU (I'll use that GTX 980 on new PC at the moment), until i'll get 3070 or 3070 TI for low price. I'm playing at 1440p 144hz. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HsYYJM (These parts are about like 5700-6000 PLN from Poland stores) - What do you think?

What PSU i might change and perhaps SSD NVME ? Thank you.

750W PSU Should sit just fine with the parts you listed although you could maybe downsize a little bit (maybe a 650W unit instead) to open the opportunity to include a faster nvme SSD (just a thought, your current list looks fine though). 

A quick side note would be to maybe settle with a 3060ti instead of a 3070/ti That way you would be able to still be able to play at 1440p 144hz and save quite a bit of money at the same time. This would definitely free up some headroom for a smaller pus, better ssd and maybe some custom sleeved cables to spruce up the looks of your system. This is all completely up to you and your needs though so by all means do what you feel most comfortable with! 

Hope this helped 🙂 

If you need to save money you could probably reusing the existing case, unless it's some crappy one. 

You would be fine with a 650w psu, no idea if it's worth it , if it's cheap enough compared to the 750w model.

The motherboard's fine I guess, the only negative seems to be the outdated onboard audio. 

3 hours ago, Ivel said:

A quick side note would be to maybe settle with a 3060ti instead of a 3070/ti That way you would be able to still be able to play at 1440p 144hz and save quite a bit of money at the same time.

I feel like a 3060ti would age poorly for AAA gaming at 1440p, but that's more of an opinion than fact.

3 hours ago, Voidzik said:

until i'll get 3070 or 3070 TI for low price

Wait for 40 series, I don't think 30 series will drop in price anytime soon. Although I don't think GPU's will drop in price in general at this point.

Overall your build looks good, no major complaints. Maybe you could go with a 2TB NVME SSD instead of 500GB SSD and 2 TB HDD. I feel like there really isn't any point with saving money by going with a HDD anymore. Also the large capacity NVME SSD's do have better random read/write as well as endurance/life than their 500GB counterparts.

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

Wait for 40 series, I don't think 30 series will drop in price anytime soon.

the paradox of always having to wait just a bit for  a generational gap 😄 

I edit my posts more often than not

3 hours ago, Ivel said:

750W PSU Should sit just fine with the parts you listed although you could maybe downsize a little bit (maybe a 650W unit instead) to open the opportunity to include a faster nvme SSD (just a thought, your current list looks fine though). 

A quick side note would be to maybe settle with a 3060ti instead of a 3070/ti That way you would be able to still be able to play at 1440p 144hz and save quite a bit of money at the same time. This would definitely free up some headroom for a smaller pus, better ssd and maybe some custom sleeved cables to spruce up the looks of your system. This is all completely up to you and your needs though so by all means do what you feel most comfortable with! 

Hope this helped 🙂 

3060 TI could be good alternative option but overall I still want to get 3070,3070 ti or even 3080 which I doubt. And wdym better SSD? for example?

2 hours ago, mariushm said:

If you need to save money you could probably reusing the existing case, unless it's some crappy one. 

You would be fine with a 650w psu, no idea if it's worth it , if it's cheap enough compared to the 750w model.

The motherboard's fine I guess, the only negative seems to be the outdated onboard audio. 

Yeah I don't have a good case I mean it's literally 7 year old. What PSU you would recommend to get? Corsair one? 

That motherboard is cheapest Z690 I could ever get so I don't see other option.

25 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

I feel like a 3060ti would age poorly for AAA gaming at 1440p, but that's more of an opinion than fact.

Wait for 40 series, I don't think 30 series will drop in price anytime soon. Although I don't think GPU's will drop in price in general at this point.

Overall your build looks good, no major complaints. Maybe you could go with a 2TB NVME SSD instead of 500GB SSD and 2 TB HDD. I feel like there really isn't any point with saving money by going with a HDD anymore. Also the large capacity NVME SSD's do have better random read/write as well as endurance/life than their 500GB counterparts.

Yeah U might be right about 3060 TI this is why I would go min 3070. 

You say that I should go with 40 series? Nah i'm good xD They're coming out in like november and we all can expect scalpers again lol. I see that some 3070 are available even good brands ones and I follow the price and i can see the prices are falling down slowly. Of course they will never be at MSRP unfortunately. 

SSD are really expensive, 2TB NVME Samsung is like $330 so no point to have more space, forgot to mention that I also have 1TB SSD 870 EVO and 1TB HDD that it's full i have a lot of videos there.

I might decide to buy 1TB NVME but with lower speed that comes cheaper. I'm not sure.

And thank you everyone for advice 🙂

3 minutes ago, Voidzik said:

You say that I should go with 40 series? Nah i'm good xD They're coming out in like november and we all can expect scalpers again lol.

I mean if 40 series is getting scalped, 30 series will also be. So might as well get latest GPU at that point if you're getting ripped off anyways. Time will tell what will happen

4 minutes ago, Voidzik said:

SSD are really expensive, 2TB NVME Samsung is like $330

You can find equivalent SSD's for about $200 normally, but I don't know what's available in your country. Looks like you have other storage though so it's not a big deal. Here are some NVME's with equivalent speed to samsung:

Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.90 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Team MP34 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($91.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Mushkin Pilot-E 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($108.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power P34A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($91.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: PNY CS2130 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 

4 minutes ago, Voidzik said:

Yeah I don't have a good case I mean it's literally 7 year old. What PSU you would recommend to get? Corsair one? 

Doesn't matter how old it is... if it's not bent or broken it's a case, a metal box, who cares... is it usable, does it have space for video card, does the front panel connector work ... if so you're good to go.

Corsair power supplies are OK, but i have no idea what brands are better distributed in Poland. Here in Romania Corsair power supplies are sometimes more expensive than Seasonic or other brands.

Maybe give some links to online stores you'd buy from, to see what's available where you are.

IMHO you don't really need super expensive pci-e 4.0 nvme ssd ...

On 2/11/2022 at 6:31 PM, Jonathan Lee said:

I mean if 40 series is getting scalped, 30 series will also be. So might as well get latest GPU at that point if you're getting ripped off anyways. Time will tell what will happen

You can find equivalent SSD's for about $200 normally, but I don't know what's available in your country. Looks like you have other storage though so it's not a big deal. Here are some NVME's with equivalent speed to samsung:

Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.90 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Team MP34 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($91.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Mushkin Pilot-E 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($108.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power P34A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($91.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: PNY CS2130 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 

I guess. I'll probably buy a 3070/ti for little bit more cuz i have no choice. So i'll just wait till prices are going to a bit. 

Those some SSD's are like 10$ cheaper (50-60 PLN) so i'm not really sure. I'll think about it if I want take 500 GB or 1TB. 

On 2/11/2022 at 6:32 PM, mariushm said:

Doesn't matter how old it is... if it's not bent or broken it's a case, a metal box, who cares... is it usable, does it have space for video card, does the front panel connector work ... if so you're good to go.

Corsair power supplies are OK, but i have no idea what brands are better distributed in Poland. Here in Romania Corsair power supplies are sometimes more expensive than Seasonic or other brands.

Maybe give some links to online stores you'd buy from, to see what's available where you are.

IMHO you don't really need super expensive pci-e 4.0 nvme ssd ...

Mine is Fractal Design Define R5, yes is it good but front is kinda broken and its really big. Was thinking about getting smaller case since i'll probably move out a lot. 

If u ask where do I buy, probably on https://www.morele.net/ and https://www.x-kom.pl/ .