PC Fans Randomly Went to 100 on Boot

RosieDreams
Go to solution Solved by IBM_THINKPAD_R51,
Just now, Robin_Luv said:

Would there be any other cause, because typically when the power goes out all of our appliances' clocks go to 00:00, but they're all fine, and our coffee maker even still brewed at the proper time. So it at least doesn't seem like our place lost power.

well one more thing could be that you cmos battery is dying, but other than that i wouldnt know what would cause it to do that.

Super short, possibly easy to answer question. My PC fans of course spin a bit on boot, probably around 30% speed (judging based on sound), which is normal and fine. Today however, just once, the fans kicked up to 100% and slowly went down (sounding like a plane engine revving down along the way.) I tried doing a reboot right after to see if it would happen again and it was back to normal. Is there an explanation as to why this would happen just once? Anyway to monitor something like that at startup?

1 minute ago, Robin_Luv said:

Super short, possibly easy to answer question. My PC fans of course spin a bit on boot, probably around 30% speed (judging based on sound), which is normal and fine. Today however, just once, the fans kicked up to 100% and slowly went down (sounding like a plane engine revving down along the way.) I tried doing a reboot right after to see if it would happen again and it was back to normal. Is there an explanation as to why this would happen just once? Anyway to monitor something like that at startup?

if you computer had lost power, then the first time you turn it on after it gets power again will make it do that.

5 minutes ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

if you computer had lost power, then the first time you turn it on after it gets power again will make it do that.

Would there be any other cause, because typically when the power goes out all of our appliances' clocks go to 00:00, but they're all fine, and our coffee maker even still brewed at the proper time. So it at least doesn't seem like our place lost power.

well one more thing could be that you cmos battery is dying, but other than that i wouldnt know what would cause it to do that.

24 minutes ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

I'll have to just watch for it happening again then. If that's all it is, it's certainly no big deal. Appreciate your help/feedback! 

I'll have to just watch for it happening again then. If that's all it is, it's certainly no big deal. Appreciate your help/feedback! 

yep, just let me know if u replace it and it still happens.