Is EK240mm aio basic worth it

CPU: 5600x

Cooler: Gammax 400xt

Ambient temperature: 22-31 degree Celsius

Idle temp: 30-40 degree Celsius

Temp on cinebench r23 all core load: 80degree Celcius

I have tuned my pbo2.0 settings to allow 4.75ghz boost during all core load (peak voltage 1.35V).

Will upgrading to the EK 240mm aio be worth the investment? What temps should I expect once I upgrade?

Its either build some ludicrous custom water loop that can keep cpu under 60c at 1.5v or go straight to phase change cooling for an actual oc improvement

80c is perfectly fine so no reason to swap the cooler unless its being noisy

for a real oc improvement that isnt just a sad 100mhz step youll need to keep the cpu at under 60c even at high volt like 1.5v cause lower the temp the more you can oc the cpu, pref youd keep it ~40c since thats pretty much the limit of ambient cooling depending on where you live but at that point youd need a car radiator aka an external rad

Though if you are looking for lower temps but slight oc improvement then seems ok depending on how much you can get it for, i usually reccomend arctic freezer as they are the best bang for buck and performing aios for their price

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Its either build some ludicrous custom water loop that can keep cpu under 60c at 1.5v or go straight to phase change cooling for an actual oc improvement

80c is perfectly fine so no reason to swap the cooler unless its being noisy

for a real oc improvement that isnt just a sad 100mhz step youll need to keep the cpu at under 60c even at high volt like 1.5v cause lower the temp the more you can oc the cpu, pref youd keep it ~40c since thats pretty much the limit of ambient cooling depending on where you live but at that point youd need a car radiator aka an external rad

Though if you are looking for lower temps but slight oc improvement then seems ok depending on how much you can get it for, i usually reccomend arctic freezer as they are the best bang for buck and performing aios for their price

I live in Australia and the EK basic aio is actually 30aud cheaper than the artic, $80usd seems really good bang for buck I guess even if it drops the temps by 5degrees, oh also I am running the fan at 80% almost the whole time.

56 minutes ago, Gsayx13 said:

I live in Australia and the EK basic aio is actually 30aud cheaper than the artic, $80usd seems really good bang for buck I guess even if it drops the temps by 5degrees, oh also I am running the fan at 80% almost the whole time.

In that case sure its a good deal, though you may wanna consider a 360mm for even lower temps

34 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

In that case sure its a good deal, though you may wanna consider a 360mm for even lower temps

I have an rtx 3080 so front mounting the aio would hurt my gpu thermals that's why the 240 seems best and EK aio gives 5year warranty and is much easier to install (compared to artic)