low frame rate on desktop

so i been having this issue while just using none gaming applications such as file explorer or other just normal applications on being on my desktop. at first i thought maybe my display port cable was doing something weird given i have also noticed my pc cant hold a stable frame rate in games right now. not that its low frame rate just completely unstable. i bought two new DP cables and both have the same the problem so maybe its not the DP cable. 

how im seeing my frame rate of my desktop is with a built in FPS counter in my monitor i have an asus pg279q
i can also feel it heavily getting around like 7 to 20 fps with applications that arent heavy at all. i mean i also get them in things like premier pro and photoshop but this feels very new

i guess what im asking is. has anyone seen this before what could cause this. have i just never noticed this? i feel like for things Premier pro this is new

also sorry im not used to forums so if i did anything wrong. sorry

i would try a hdmi cable, personally i havent seen a dp cable that works without terrible issues yet. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

i would try a hdmi cable, personally i havent seen a dp cable that works without terrible issues yet. 

so i have kinda in a way i have multiple monitors and pulled the programs over to a different monitor and im not sure if it had the same issue or not. also for a long term salution dont know how well that would work given that i really really like using gsnyc and would hate to loose that and my 144htz 

6 hours ago, poveros said:

so i have kinda in a way i have multiple monitors and pulled the programs over to a different monitor and im not sure if it had the same issue or not. also for a long term salution dont know how well that would work given that i really really like using gsnyc and would hate to loose that and my 144htz 

I have several DP cables, never heard of FPS issues... the aren't really related.

FPS is more GPU/GPU/RAM and drivers related.

Are you currently using multiple monitors?

What are your specs and setup?

Did this happen recently maybe after windows updates or the like?

The first free easy tip I would do is make sure your drive is healthy and fix any possible OS corruption: chkdsk /f /r (it will need to reboot)

then: sfc /scannow

That is kinda my go to method because drivers are stored on your drive and stuff gets corrupted over time. Just gives your system the best chance before we start fixing stuffs.

7 hours ago, Frizz said:

I have several DP cables, never heard of FPS issues... the aren't really related.

FPS is more GPU/GPU/RAM and drivers related.

Are you currently using multiple monitors?

What are your specs and setup?

Did this happen recently maybe after windows updates or the like?

The first free easy tip I would do is make sure your drive is healthy and fix any possible OS corruption: chkdsk /f /r (it will need to reboot)

then: sfc /scannow

That is kinda my go to method because drivers are stored on your drive and stuff gets corrupted over time. Just gives your system the best chance before we start fixing stuffs.

so i noticed you responded to both of my posts so thank you for that. ill point this out im not sure if DP is the problem given thati have tried so many different DP cables at this point. to answer your questions.
yes i am using multiple monitors 
my specs are 
i7 9700k (i do OC it but for the purpuses of testing i have tried it with out any OC at all on anything) 
Asus ROG Maximous XI Hero

32 gigs of Corsair vengance pro ddr4 3200mhz (this is different from before but ill explain that in my other post) 
Asus ROG Strix 2080ti (same thing about OC as the CPU) 

samsung 870 evo 500 gig (as my main boot drive)

Corsair RM1000i
monitors are 

Asus ROG Swift pg279q (main monitor where i have noticed this issue)

LG 34um67 (i use a dp for this)

Dell  S2716DGR (use an hdmi for this)

generic acer 1080p monitor (hdmi as well) 

im not sure if this is a recent thing honestly it feels new esspecially in programs like premeire pro

but i have updated to windows 11 recently

is chkdsk a command prompt command? 

26 minutes ago, poveros said:

so i noticed you responded to both of my posts so thank you for that. ill point this out im not sure if DP is the problem given thati have tried so many different DP cables at this point. to answer your questions.
yes i am using multiple monitors 
my specs are 
i7 9700k (i do OC it but for the purpuses of testing i have tried it with out any OC at all on anything) 
Asus ROG Maximous XI Hero

32 gigs of Corsair vengance pro ddr4 3200mhz (this is different from before but ill explain that in my other post) 
Asus ROG Strix 2080ti (same thing about OC as the CPU) 

samsung 870 evo 500 gig (as my main boot drive)

Corsair RM1000i
monitors are 

Asus ROG Swift pg279q (main monitor where i have noticed this issue)

LG 34um67 (i use a dp for this)

Dell  S2716DGR (use an hdmi for this)

generic acer 1080p monitor (hdmi as well) 

im not sure if this is a recent thing honestly it feels new esspecially in programs like premeire pro

but i have updated to windows 11 recently

is chkdsk a command prompt command? 

I was wondering if you were the same user, but I reply to multiple people so my hamster brain doesn't always notice XD.

Yes sorry chkdsk and sfc are command prompt commands, I really should note that and not assume.

See what happens after that. If it is still choppy try only monitor at a time to see if the same thing happens.

See if you can monitor your CPU, RAM and GPU/VRAM usage to see if anything seems taxed. HWmonitor can do that I think if you don't have any good monitoring software

Just a note don't assume I remember what you tried from the other post, doubt I could easily keep track

33 minutes ago, Frizz said:

I was wondering if you were the same user, but I reply to multiple people so my hamster brain doesn't always notice XD.

Yes sorry chkdsk and sfc are command prompt commands, I really should note that and not assume.

See what happens after that. If it is still choppy try only monitor at a time to see if the same thing happens.

See if you can monitor your CPU, RAM and GPU/VRAM usage to see if anything seems taxed. HWmonitor can do that I think if you don't have any good monitoring software

Just a note don't assume I remember what you tried from the other post, doubt I could easily keep track

so ran the chkdsk and sfc and no problems found with scan at the end. that didnt change it. then tried the only using on monitor and that didnt change anything either. i am monitoring things yes and nothing is getting pinned to like 100 or anything. so im not sure what is causing this 

5 minutes ago, poveros said:

so ran the chkdsk and sfc and no problems found with scan at the end. that didnt change it. then tried the only using on monitor and that didnt change anything either. i am monitoring things yes and nothing is getting pinned to like 100 or anything. so im not sure what is causing this 

Not even your drive is near 100% right?

And you tried every monitor separately? 
Just trying to narrow down the issue

yeah i mean i think each core was  spiking to 60% at most at times but the overall usage was around like 20% 

i have tried different monitors and i cant tell if its different or if just the fact that those monitors are at 60hz is the the difference i have no way atm to monitor the fps while doing things on those monitors. only my main one.

okay i hooked in an fps counter to my top one and no im not having the same issue at all. its just when programs are on my main monitor

18 minutes ago, Frizz said:

Not even your drive is near 100% right?

And you tried every monitor separately? 
Just trying to narrow down the issue

i fixed it.. kind of i turned off gsnyc and no more issues.