LCD CPU Screen for Custom Cooling

I'm just starting to look into liquid cooling and custom setups seem like a really fun way to go. I'm confused at one thing though, all the custom setups seem to have CPU blocks with the tubes connected to the front and no screens of any kind whereas many AIO options have LCD screens. Why is that, and are there any non AIO options with LCD screens? 

4 minutes ago, drugdog said:

I'm just starting to look into liquid cooling and custom setups seem like a really fun way to go. I'm confused at one thing though, all the custom setups seem to have CPU blocks with the tubes connected to the front and no screens of any kind whereas many AIO options have LCD screens. Why is that, and are there any non AIO options with LCD screens? 

Because you loose space for larger tube diameters. As for side mounting, pretty much the same thing as well as not being practical because you need to reroute the water around the block first. It probably could be done with some engineering but is not what people want at the moment. Aqua Computer has coolers with tiny screen on them but they are crazy expensive and only show temps. I would assume that there are coolers out there that have larger screens but are not well represented and hard to get.

1 hour ago, Applefreak said:

Because you loose space for larger tube diameters. As for side mounting, pretty much the same thing as well as not being practical because you need to reroute the water around the block first. It probably could be done with some engineering but is not what people want at the moment. Aqua Computer has coolers with tiny screen on them but they are crazy expensive and only show temps. I would assume that there are coolers out there that have larger screens but are not well represented and hard to get.

I see so ones with front mounted tubes should be cooler?