Upgrading to intel 730 SSD 240GB from 120GB

Raphael_123
Go to solution Solved by jezza39,

Hello guys!

When i build my PC  i bought a Samsung EVO 120 GB and a 1T WD Black HDD.

On the SSD i only have OS and programs. What is the best way to erase all the data of the Samsung SSD?

Tonight i will backup all my data of the 1T HDD. (document, pictures, videos, music) and then format it when installing win 8.1 into my new SSD

The 730 series reaaallly isn't worth the extra $$$ imo, especially over Intel's own 530 series. 

I find reformatting a good way to wipe a drive. Unless of course you have incredibly sensitive information.

Hello guys!

On the SSD i only have OS and programs. What is the best way to erase all the data of the Samsung SSD?

Tonight i will backup all my data of the 1T HDD. (document, pictures, videos, music) and then format it when installing win 8.1 into my new SSD

Hello guys!

The 730 series reaaallly isn't worth the extra $$$ imo, especially over Intel's own 530 series. 

I find reformatting a good way to wipe a drive. Unless of course you have incredibly sensitive information.

I don't see a point in upgrading to a 730 series SSD when you already have a 840 EVO. The 840 EVO is already very fast and reliable and upgrading to the 730 series won't give very much of a performance boost. But as for wiping the 840 EVO I find just formatting it is good enough.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Hello guys!

You aren't upgrading if you're getting that SSD. Samsung SSD's are the best.

Hello guys!

Best way to erase them would be to do a secure erase. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Good going OP you now have something I want and wont have anytime soon. :D

From 120GB to 240GB i call it upgrading. plus with all the blue screens (DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE) which could the EVO having problems. i already update my Audio driver and still doing it... its getting annoying. 

Back to the topic where do i do secure erase? or i click on format when installing OS?