Are Radeon Pro GPUs good for streaming?

Elijah Kamski

Hey there,

Managed to get myself a WX 8200 recently and I was wondering if the Radeon Pro series of GPUs would be better in stream encoding in comparison to their general consumer counterparts.

My bitrate would be 6000, sadly because of twitch. I'll be streaming using OBS, which I know sadly doesn't have much AMD GPU support.

Sadly there was no real YT video or comparison showing this for the Pro lineup, mostly for the consumer lineup, and the Pro lineup was more focused with creators in mind, so just thought maybe.

Thanks,
Eli

I use a WX 7100 in my workstation. It's slightly weaker than the 1060 3GB it replaced, but I needed the PCIe slot back it was covering up.

The drivers, as per AMD's usual standards, suck. I can get them to crash on a regular basis. Thankfully it doesn't take down the entire system, but this is supposed to be a Pro level card, and crappy drivers are unacceptable.

In any case, it does the job I need it to do, while having 8GB of RAM, so there's that.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

From what I understand the encoder is similar to the RX Vega cards, which isn't great but not awful.

Also Twitch supports bitrate above 6000, the stream quality will just get limited to the native stream res I think. I use 10000 and it's definitely better than 6000.

12 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

From what I understand the encoder is similar to the RX Vega cards, which isn't great but not awful.

Also Twitch supports bitrate above 6000, the stream quality will just get limited to the native stream res I think. I use 10000 and it's definitely better than 6000.

Oh damn, didn't know that it supported it without breaking your stream, I'll test it out as I also stream to YouTube at the same time, so that'll really help in the quality.

Also thanks for the info on! 😄