Buying new computer.

posiedon11

Budget (including currency): around $1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Multitasking, heavily modded games, programming/game design. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ksBttn

I already have a 3070, just listed there for size. I'm mainly having trouble picking a case/power supply. 

You can't overclock a K CPU on a B motherboard. Either get a Z motherboard, or downgrade the CPU to a non-K.  You can also afford DDR5 at that budget.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($374.97 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($109.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($292.09 @ B&H) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40 Memory  ($309.99 @ Corsair) 
Storage: Corsair MP600 Core 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($224.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex III Super Pro 850 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Total: $1461.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-28 01:04 EST-0500

There's a couple things I'd change.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HzgypH

The B660 Tomahawk is encroaching Z690 prices, so you might as well spend the extra $50 on a good Z690 board and get the extra features associated with it like better IO and overclocking support. 

You can save money on RAM and SSD with equally performing combos. 

The PSU you can get an EVGA G6 850w for ~$100 less. Don't worry about it being slightly less efficient, I did the math a few months back and it would take ~5+ years to save the money if you were paying high average prices for a US citizen. It's still a quality PSU that would do pretty well with the 3070. 

As for the case, you've got a couple options. The Corsair 4000D Airflow is a pretty good one for the price, it's built well, easy to build in, and is fairly inexpensive. My usual recommendation is the Phanteks P400a Digital, but the NH-D15 doesn't fit in there so that's unfortunately out. If you want to spend a bit more, the Fractal Torrent is a really good option for the ~$200 price point. It has basically the best airflow available in any case currently, and it's really easy to build in. If you'd prefer silence, the be quiet! Silent Base 802 is awesome for ~$180, it's what my system is personally in. 

If you get one of the cases other than the Torrent, Arctic is currently selling a 5 pack of their P12 fans for $30, it's really hard to beat in order to get a lot of fans in a case for cheap.