EVGA FTW3 3080 ti crashes when it works.

Jumballi

1. So the first thing is that I’m not fully sure if the driver fully installs, it seems it crashes midway through the install process. After waiting a couple minutes and restarting the PC, it seems the driver has seemingly installed.

2. When launching the PC, it goes into intel graphics first, I have to go to devices and swap to the nvidia gpu. Sometimes it crashes there. Turning off fast boot removed that issue and it seems to launch into the 3080 ti when  the PC starts up.

3. If I do anything that has hardware acceleration(uses the gpu), it crashes.

The GPU is plugged into an EVGA supernova 850 G2 80+ gold via 3 separate pcie power cables.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte B365m ds3h wifi.

Games and Benchmarks both fail to launch, both require the gpu to work to launch.

I tried setting the GPU to prefer max power in the nvidia control panel.

I tried installing an older driver, got a Dpc watchdog violation error.

All errors except the one above are a video tdp error with the generic nvidia code for that error.

The only benchmark we can run is userbenchmarks, and yes I know they’re less than quality, but they’re also the only one that doesn’t crash the PC.

Attached is a pic of the temps while running idle.

95DACAA8-A816-4D62-BECF-382411A47547.jpeg

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

I notice in your specs that your previous graphics card is AMD. Maybe there is a old Radeon graphics driver sitting around causing problems. See if your computer lets you do a clean windows install and reinstall Nvidia drivers?  

13 minutes ago, Thatgod123 said:

I notice in your specs that your previous graphics card is AMD. Maybe there is a old Radeon graphics driver sitting around causing problems. See if your computer lets you do a clean windows install and reinstall Nvidia drivers?  

clean windows install, and I have to keep installing windows with every crash, it's not fun.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

2 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

clean windows install, and I have to keep installing windows with every crash, it's not fun.

Your computer worked completely fine until you installed this new graphics card ?  

2 minutes ago, Thatgod123 said:

Your computer worked completely fine until you installed this new graphics card ?  

No this is in a computer where a 2080 died, I replaced the motherboard hoping it was that and not the 2080, but the specs are close to my listed specs here on the forum

I looked up your power supply on Amazon and the top review is about power instability. might be worth trying a PSU swap if possible?