Double click/no click of keyboard switch

Hello everyone.

For information, I use modded (tape mod, Neoprene foam between PCB and plate, and on bottom case) Varmilo VB87 with lubed and filmed Gateron yellow switches. I use it both and at home and work, so it gets transported a lot.

I experience issue with double clicking/no click on some of the switches from time to time. When I soldered switches, first month or so was good and everything worked. After some time passed, one of the switches started to double click or no click at all. I switched it to a new one and the life became good again. After like a week or two weeks, another two switches started to malfunction. Yet again, I switched them to new switches. Right now, about like eight switches have the same issue.

My question is, can a very light layer of lube on copper leaf or tiny dust, which may/ have entered inside switches cause this? If not, my only guess is that I just got a bad batch of switches.

6 minutes ago, James Evens said:

How did you lubed it and with what?

With a mix of Krytox 205 G0 and 105, which makes it Krytox 205 G2. Used 00 brush, and lubed parts only with a shiny tip instead of white chunk of Krytox. The guide I used for lubing is this.