White line and choppy image on a monitor

Cris.py
Go to solution Solved by Cris.py,

After all troubleshooting I was confident that the panel died and this was confirmed by the AOC repair shop. Not much to do other than replacement part.

Hello,

This just happened randomly few hours ago: on my AOC monitor, a white horizontal line appeared that goes to about middle of screen and then fades off. Also, the rest of image seems just a bit off, like at a glance seems normal but looking at a text it seems a bit choppy, like resolution is a bit off. Makes my eyes hurt trying to read text.

I've tried the following: 

• Different inputs (HDMI, DP)
  • Different PC (and a laptop)
  • Reset monitor
  • Turn on and off (including pulling the power)
  • Change refresh rate (lower refresh rate seems to make image quality somehow worse?!)
  • Update drivers

Nothing works, is there some wierd voodoo I can still try or do I start looking for a new monitor? Any help is appreciated

Well.. I suspect, your monitor have developed a fault. You need look for someone who can fix electronics, or RMA it (if it is still possible)

1 hour ago, Cris.py said:

Hello,

This just happened randomly few hours ago: on my AOC monitor, a white horizontal line appeared that goes to about middle of screen and then fades off. Also, the rest of image seems just a bit off, like at a glance seems normal but looking at a text it seems a bit choppy, like resolution is a bit off. Makes my eyes hurt trying to read text.

I've tried the following: 

• Different inputs (HDMI, DP)
  • Different PC (and a laptop)
  • Reset monitor
  • Turn on and off (including pulling the power)
  • Change refresh rate (lower refresh rate seems to make image quality somehow worse?!)
  • Update drivers

Nothing works, is there some wierd voodoo I can still try or do I start looking for a new monitor? Any help is appreciated

I agree with the other person that likely is a monitor fault. Me personally I hate RMAing stuff unless I am totally sure.

Have you made sure there isn't a newer firmware/software version for your monitor?

What happens when you turn your resolution down?

Have you tried another cable and a different cable type (I.e hdmi and DisplayPort).

On 1/25/2022 at 6:10 PM, Frizz said:

I agree with the other person that likely is a monitor fault. Me personally I hate RMAing stuff unless I am totally sure.

Have you made sure there isn't a newer firmware/software version for your monitor?

What happens when you turn your resolution down?

Have you tried another cable and a different cable type (I.e hdmi and DisplayPort).

As stated above, all basic troubleshooting was done with no improvement. 

After all troubleshooting I was confident that the panel died and this was confirmed by the AOC repair shop. Not much to do other than replacement part.

1 minute ago, Cris.py said:

As stated above, all basic troubleshooting was done with no improvement. 

That's good, but your steps didn't cover if you updated the monitor firmware. 
Otherwise sounds like a bad monitor