Lian Li fan squeaking?

TheShadow8866

I have some of the older Lian LI Bora Digital fans. They have been alright, I like the style.

But recently 1 of them has started squeaking and I believe running a little slower than the rest of them, and from my research I believe they were replaced because of maybe some manufacturing issues and a lot of them started failing.

Is there anything I can do to help prolong it's life until I can afford some of the newer fans? 

11 minutes ago, TheShadow8866 said:

I have some of the older Lian LI Bora Digital fans. They have been alright, I like the style.

But recently 1 of them has started squeaking and I believe running a little slower than the rest of them, and from my research I believe they were replaced because of maybe some manufacturing issues and a lot of them started failing.

Is there anything I can do to help prolong it's life until I can afford some of the newer fans? 

Probably gonna need to disassemble it and lubricate.

You can just buy a cheap case fan for now if you need a faster fan.
But then again if your parts temp is still fine, and you don't mind the squeaky noise, why bother.

If you don't like the noise, try turning that one off and see if your temp is still fine.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

21 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Probably gonna need to disassemble it and lubricate.

You can just buy a cheap case fan for now if you need a faster fan.
But then again if your parts temp is still fine, and you don't mind the squeaky noise, why bother.

If you don't like the noise, try turning that one off and see if your temp is still fine.

Oh yeah, I have a Lian LI Pc-011 Dynamic with 8 fans, 6 120s, and 2 140s for my rad. It wouldn't hurt turning off, I believe I have it plugged into a splitter so, my best bet is just unplugging it until I get new ones 

14 minutes ago, TheShadow8866 said:

Oh yeah, I have a Lian LI Pc-011 Dynamic with 8 fans, 6 120s, and 2 140s for my rad. It wouldn't hurt turning off, I believe I have it plugged into a splitter so, my best bet is just unplugging it until I get new ones 

I have no idea what you are trying to cool with that much fans

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

first off: is there still any sort of warranty process you could try? (if there's still warranty you may as well try)

past that, what i've done to a lot of cheaper fans with cooked bearings, is the following:

- pull the sticker off the back side of the fan

- if it has a hole to expose the bearings (either directly or behind a plug) you're in luck, if it's fully closed off see below.

- get some regular household lubricating oil, put the fan face down, and fill the hole with oil

- let the oil seep down for a while

- clean off the plastic with alcohol to remove any potential spilled oil residue. just a dry tissue or water will not be enough, you need something that gets rid of the oil.

- put whatever water resistant tape over the hole, and replace the label if you desire.

in case it's fully sealed off on the bottom, here's the messy option:

- put the fan face down, and get a good amount of the same household oil into the hub from the side

- let it settle down for a while

- put down a few layers of tissue, and flip the fan over onto the tissues, to let the oil drip out

- let it settle down for a good long while

- clean off the oil still stuck to the fan

may or may not work.. but it's always worth the try.