Best Place online to buy pre-builts and laptops for gaming in Germany?

As title says: want link(s) to place(s) with good prices.

Thank you!

Spoiler

Mobo: Asus Z370-A Prime

CPU: Intel i7 8700K

RAM: Kingston Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Beast

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB

Case: Fractal Define R6 Tempered Glass, Black

SSD 1: Crucial P3 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe SSD

SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

SSD 3: Crucial MX500 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM005 64MB 4TB 7200 rpm

PSU: Corsair RM750X v2

Display 1: AOC Agon AG271QG

Display 2: Dell U2711

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Z w/ Cherry MX Brown

Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II

Soundcard: Creative AE-5 Soundblaster

Headphones: Sennheiser RS 165 Wireless

Microphone 1: Audio Technica AT2020+ USB

Microphone 2: Antlion Audiio ModMic Wireless

20 minutes ago, HQuan said:

Is Amazon or eBay good for you?

Ebay is generally terrible with marked up prices. Even before the gpu and silicone shortage. Occasionally you find good deals on second hand stuff, but never on brand new stuff.

I have no idea how good Amazon.de is as a pc store. I've bought the occasional components there, but never a full system.

Are there no actual Germans here that could help me? I want links to various sites, as I have no idea what is available there.

Spoiler

Display 2: Dell U2711

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Z w/ Cherry MX Brown

Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II

Soundcard: Creative AE-5 Soundblaster

Headphones: Sennheiser RS 165 Wireless

Microphone 1: Audio Technica AT2020+ USB

Microphone 2: Antlion Audiio ModMic Wireless

43 minutes ago, Mortis Angelus said:

Ebay is generally terrible with marked up prices. Even before the gpu and silicone shortage. Occasionally you find good deals on second hand stuff, but never on brand new stuff.

I have no idea how good Amazon.de is as a pc store. I've bought the occasional components there, but never a full system.

Are there no actual Germans here that could help me? I want links to various sites, as I have no idea what is available there.

Germany are full in there. Just because they don't see your post. Try to get attention by re-post it or get more comments.

Hi, @Mortis Angelus fellow German here.

In Germany it's simliar to most other places: Build it yourself, if it's a Desktop. All those konfigurator-shops are WAY too overpriced, sometimes you pay 3000€ for a PC, where the components cost only 2000€.
There is not a single one with "good prices". Zero exceptions. Sorry.

Often, they also have bad quality. Like they put very cheap Motherboards inside (bad I/O, featureset etc), some Low End PSUs where you really shouldn't try to save Money by getting a 25€ 750 Watt cracker.

My personal re commendation after beeing inside the PC-hardware-community for over a decade: Read a few Guides, watch videos about building a Computer, do it once within a few hours, and you will forever get the skill doing it yourself, saving your at least 100-150€ per  Computer. Even more considering you can troubleshoot and upgrade yourself.

What you can do, go to german (well, who else knows the German market better, right?^^) PC Forums like Computerbase.de, Hardwareluxx.de or something like that, let them make you a Configuration that suits YOU, based on your Budget, your Resolution, and whatever Software you want to run on it. They will usually consider all the important aspects to make sure, you get the best Value. Usually they also recommend doing it yourself, because it's really easy and the best Value.

But shops like Mindfactory (they usually have very decent prices for the Parts, so you'd most likely order there anyway) do have a Service for 150€, where they put the components you buy from them together, and shop the complete Package to you, if you really insist. But that's still 150€ you can spend somewhere else or just save.

This is WAY cheaper than going to all those konfigurator sites like CSL, dubaro, mifcom, one, xmg, etc. I really can't recommend those, as the Value is usually not good.

Sometimes, and this is definitely more of an exception, there are indeed configurations that have a decent price, sometimes they have the same price as building it yourself. Check deal sizes like Mydealz for that.

Example right now: https://www.mydealz.de/deals/gaming-pc-csl-sprint-5861-amd-rx-6700-xtr5-360016gb-ram500gb-ssd-m2-1933840

And it's not even the latest Zen3, but it should be fine. Good offers usually have over 1000 upvotes, also reading the Comments can help finding good Deals.

But if you're not part of those German PC Forums i mentioned, try it there.

Edit: Amazon.de sucks as a PC-Store. Amazon usually doesn't sell Computers, because they just don't make any.

It's usually PC-Stores like CSL and others, who use Amazon as a Marketplace to sell their stuff. And as you might think, Amazon doesn't offer their Store for free. On Top of the Overpriced PC-Configuration comes the Amazon-fee, that YOU are paying

Most PCs on Amazon are more overpriced than somewhere else. Same with Notebooks, they are rarely a good deal on Amazon.

But a few more Word s on Notebooks: They are usually sold as they are. Just often with different SSD / Ram / CPU / GPUs as a pre-configurated final Product.
Also use those Forums for recommendations, watch Reviews from big Youtubers or Sites like Notebookcheck, and compare Prices on geizhals or idealo. There you can compare Prices for a Product on different Shops, and make sure, you don't spend 1199€ on a Notebook, that a different Shops sells for 1049€ 😉

2 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Hi, @Mortis Angelus fellow German here.

In Germany it's simliar to most other places: Build it yourself, if it's a Desktop. All those konfigurator-shops are WAY too overpriced, sometimes you pay 3000€ for a PC, where the components cost only 2000€.
There is not a single one with "good prices". Zero exceptions. Sorry.

Often, they also have..... SNIP

Hey, and thanks for your informative post! 👍

However, as a somewhat long member of this forum, and quite experienced PC builder (4 builds; 1 which was a custom conversion of an Xbox into an ITX HTPC) I want to first make a friendly reminder (and I hope I don't come off as offensive, not my intention):

• Don't immediately assume that just because someone asks for sites for pre-built PC:s that they are new to the PC-building.
  • Don't immediately go for the "Build it yourself, it's better and cheaper" as that can come off as quite elitist. (albeit I'm also #PcMasterRace #Smirk), and with today's component prices, that might not even be true.

That said, what you said, and how you said it was very kind and professional! 🙂  And I guess I should have written more about what my task/reason for the question is. Albeit I have noticed that longer posts usually get less replies; I just wanted a list of good stores so I could look through them myself. But here goes:

Background:

So I'm actually not living in Germany, but about to help my friend who live there to get a new PC. The person in question does not really have the skills or time to build their own PC. Furthermore, the current prices due to scalpers and silicone shortage very much makes it impossible to build your own PC for cheaper than buying a pre-built.

My issue is that since I don't live in Germany, I don't know any of the websites where to look for PC-systems. Only PC store I've been using in Germany has been Mindfactory.de, but since they stopped shipping to my country a few years back I also stopped looking there; and they mainly sell components, not systems. Furthermore, I ask about the prices, because since the scalping started and since I managed to build my current system just before prices started to rise, I have been totally out of the loop with what is actually reasonable prices these days.

Budget:

My friend's budget is about 700 EUR. I'm trying to convince them to go up a bit in budget, since prices are what they are these days. Then again, their previous system was a soon 10 year old gaming laptop, so at this point anything will be better. Main uses is Gaming, productivity (does digital paintings in Photoshop), school stuff and movie watching.

Options:

My friend is open for either tower or laptop; whichever will be best bang for the buck. And again, as far as I know the market right now, the best bang for the buck is a desktop pre-built as OEM:s usually get components for their actual price from the manufacturers. But correct me if I'm wrong. But all I can see at the second hand component market in my own country is that I'm very happy I don't have to build a new PC at the moment.

What I need:

• Links to good websites with decent pricing so I can browse through.
  • Links to good second-hand online pages where one MIGHT find a good second hand deal on a complete system (albeit I kinda expect ppl to try to really mark up the prices these days).

Side-question:

I remember a component site I bought from at one point, but can't remember it. Was something with "Computer" and a "25" in the name, but I don't remember. Anyone have any idea for that?

Spoiler