1080TI with dual 1440p 165hz and one 1080p 240hz

BestestCohen

Hi guys.

I came across a nice deal on Dell 24.5 250hz and currently I have dual 1440p 165hz Dell monitors.

Now, I was wondering if the trio would be a good fit with a single 1080ti (Asus ROG), no OC no tweaking.

The 1080p one will be my default for gaming as I feel 1440p and 165hz is too much for my gpu (I'd be more than happy if you prove me wrong, heh).

Thanks for the assistance!! 

So what are your plans for the Screens ? just running the desktop and desktop applications on the 2 screens at 1440p ? then i see no issues at all.

If you actually want to run them as a tripple screen setup for like sim racing, then it will be hassle as they would all need to run the same resolution and refresh rate for that to work.

Waste of money. Just lower settings on the 1440p display. Games are so easy to run that the marketing has gone way beyond reasonable.

I have that exact same 1080Ti and I game on a 1440p 144Hz monitor.

The 1080Ti is perfectly adequate for it, but it is true that some of the more demanding games could require some tweaking.

Still, though, not really worth buying the other monitor UNLESS you want the extra Hz for e-sports. It is literally the only thing, in my mind, that would justify the purchase.

2 minutes ago, Dreckssackblase said:

So what are your plans for the Screens ? just running the desktop and desktop applications on the 2 screens at 1440p ? then i see no issues at all.

If you actually want to run them as a tripple screen setup for like sim racing, then it will be hassle as they would all need to run the same resolution and refresh rate for that to work.

Actually two horizontal (1080 and 1440) screens and one vertical (1440) (for Discord and chats)

I'd change between gaming on the 1080p and 1440 according to the game (if high end game - 1080p, if mid tier game - 1440p)

19 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

depending on the game and settings 1440p 165 hz should be no problem, Although some games may require some tweaking, especially the titles that heavily put a ton of added affects and such.

2 minutes ago, Rauten said:

I have that exact same 1080Ti and I game on a 1440p 144Hz monitor.

The 1080Ti is perfectly adequate for it, but it is true that some of the more demanding games could require some tweaking.

Still, though, not really worth buying the other monitor UNLESS you want the extra Hz for e-sports. It is literally the only thing, in my mind, that would justify the purchase.

I asked if the trio would make a good combo (in case I keep the two 1440 and add 1080 for higher tier games where I feel I lose some fps and tears).

18 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Waste of money. Just lower settings on the 1440p display. Games are so easy to run that the marketing has gone way beyond reasonable.

Yeah but then it messes up the desktop every time I alt tab out of it and back in, I really dislike that.

4 minutes ago, BestestCohen said:

I asked if the trio would make a good combo (in case I keep the two 1440 and add 1080 for higher tier games where I feel I lose some fps and tears).

And my opinion is, unless you want the extra Hz for e-sports, stick to 1440p and tinker with the game settings. Waste of money. The 1080Ti can drive 1440p high refresh just fine.

If you do go with the 1080p monitor, what you'll gain in "ULTRA EPIC SETTINGS OF DOOM" you will lose in image sharpness because of the lower resolution.

5 minutes ago, Rauten said:

And my opinion is, unless you want the extra Hz for e-sports, stick to 1440p and tinker with the game settings. Waste of money. The 1080Ti can drive 1440p high refresh just fine.

If you do go with the 1080p monitor, what you'll gain in "ULTRA EPIC SETTINGS OF DOOM" you will lose in image sharpness because of the lower resolution.

Got you. Thanks!

1 hour ago, BestestCohen said:

single 1080ti (Asus ROG), no OC no tweaking.

Youll def wanna oc if you are trying to run all 3, esp game on all 3

Its literally just shoving all the limit sliders to the right and start overclocking in increments, gpus arent that tweakable so no damage will occur and even if you have a really tweakable gpu limits wise then if it starts drawing too much power aka too much heat then ocp and thermal throttling will save you

If you wanna use 1 display for gaming then consider hooking up the other 2 to another gpu

22 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Youll def wanna oc if you are trying to run all 3, esp game on all 3

Its literally just shoving all the limit sliders to the right and start overclocking in increments, gpus arent that tweakable so no damage will occur and even if you have a really tweakable gpu limits wise then if it starts drawing too much power aka too much heat then ocp and thermal throttling will save you

If you wanna use 1 display for gaming then consider hooking up the other 2 to another gpu

If I put another gpu for the other two monitor, would I see the same desktop and be able to move the mouse across all three?