Anything wrong/bad about this build

AGreninja101

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Minecraft servers, 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/y8Q8F8

btw compatibility is just the mobo bios

image.thumb.png.fc71ec72e1f351fe394360d455aca354.png

Looks ok to me. But will you only use it for Minecraft? If so you can probably get a cheaper PSU and spend the saved money on som chocolate. 😛 

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

Looks ok to me. But will you only use it for Minecraft? If so you can probably get a cheaper PSU and spend the saved money on som chocolate. 😛 

That power supply is same price as a lot of other lower wattage power supplies, also it gives a lot of headroom for upgrades later on.

Just now, AGreninja101 said:

That power supply is same price as a lot of other lower wattage power supplies, also it gives a lot of headroom for upgrades later on.

2 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

cheaper PSU

-_-

Sorry... Don't know why I typed PSU, I meant GPU.... lol.. You could get a cheaper graphics card. The PSU is decent, I used to run a 650 MasterWatt before. Caused me no issue.

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

-_-

Sorry... Don't know why I typed PSU, I meant GPU.... lol.. You could get a cheaper graphics card. The PSU is decent, I used to run a 650 MasterWatt before. Caused me no issue.

I want to play some games with ray tracing enabled and it's decent value in Australia where I live.

Just now, AGreninja101 said:

I want to play some games with ray tracing enabled and it's decent value in Australia where I live.

So not only for Minecraft. Ok then, as I said looks fine to me. Shouldn't be any major concern as long the mobo have a BIOS for Ryzen 5000. 🙂

You can look at this video with 6600XT, 3060 and 3060Ti compared with ray tracing if you want to check on how they perform compared to each other.

It's a small different and probably won't meaningfully affect the performance, but I'd recommend the SK Hynix S31 Gold NVME SSD instead of the WD Blue - it's a much higher quality SSD for the same price or lower.

If you're concerned with the ethics, both of my WD Black SN750 SSDs were made in China, and my SK Hynix S31 Gold was made in Taiwain... keeps my conscience a littler cleaner.

2 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

So not only for Minecraft. Ok then, as I said looks fine to me. Shouldn't be any major concern as long the mobo have a BIOS for Ryzen 5000. 🙂

You can look at this video with 6600XT, 3060 and 3060Ti compared with ray tracing if you want to check on how they perform compared to each other.

Where I live the 6600xt is pretty good value in Australia, so that's why I have that, and the bios should be fine my brother has the same mobo and a 3600x.

1 minute ago, Be Rock said:

It's a small different and probably won't meaningfully affect the performance, but I'd recommend the SK Hynix S31 Gold NVME SSD instead of the WD Blue - it's a much higher quality SSD for the same price or lower.

If you're concerned with the ethics, both of my WD Black SN750 SSDs were made in China, and my SK Hynix S31 Gold was made in Taiwain... keeps my conscience a littler cleaner.

That was the one thing I was looking to change, but how do you check the speeds of an ssd on pc part picker?

5 minutes ago, Be Rock said:

I can't find anywhere to get the SK Hynix S31 Gold in Australia.

4 minutes ago, AGreninja101 said:

That was the one thing I was looking to change, but how do you check the speeds of an ssd on pc part picker?

??? Not sure,

Sorry for the typo - I meant the SK Hynix P31, not the S31.

WD rates their 500GB NVMe Blue at 2600 MB/s

https://www.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-sn550-nvme-ssd#WDS500G2B0C

SK Hynix Gold P31 is rated at 3500 MB/s

https://ssd.skhynix.com/gold_p31/

As I said before - both drives are totally fine, and WD makes a reliable product. I doubt you'd have trouble with it - SK Hynix is just better for the money IMO

2 minutes ago, Be Rock said:

??? Not sure,

Sorry for the typo - I meant the SK Hynix P31, not the S31.

WD rates their 500GB NVMe Blue at 2600 MB/s

https://www.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-sn550-nvme-ssd#WDS500G2B0C

SK Hynix Gold P31 is rated at 3500 MB/s

https://ssd.skhynix.com/gold_p31/

As I said before - both drives are totally fine, and WD makes a reliable product. I doubt you'd have trouble with it - SK Hynix is just better for the money IMO

Nah I can't find that either. Are the crucial p1 or p2 fast?

2 minutes ago, AGreninja101 said:

I can't find anywhere to get the SK Hynix S31 Gold in Australia.

Sweet MOSES!!

Forget what i said - those SK Hynix P31s were like $109 USD on Amazon a few days ago but it looks they are showing up on Amazon.com.au for like $350....

4 minutes ago, AGreninja101 said:

Nah I can't find that either. Are the crucial p1 or p2 fast?

The Crucial SSDs will both be very similar to the WD Blue... both in the 2400 MB/s range

2 minutes ago, Be Rock said:

Sweet MOSES!!

Forget what i said - those SK Hynix P31s were like $109 USD on Amazon a few days ago but it looks they are showing up on Amazon.com.au for like $350....

But are the crucial p1 and p2 fast?

Edit: nvm

Edit Edit: I think the WD blue is good for me

1 hour ago, AGreninja101 said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Minecraft servers, 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/y8Q8F8

btw compatibility is just the mobo bios

image.thumb.png.fc71ec72e1f351fe394360d455aca354.png

Minecraft will run on any potato gpu unless you intend on doing some shaders, even then something equivalent to a 1050 ti is all you really need even for the really graphically intensive shaders so maybe have a look at older and cheaper gpus

Mincraft loves fast single thread cpus so have a look at the i5 12600k(f) over the 5600x

On 1/19/2022 at 1:18 PM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Minecraft will run on any potato gpu unless you intend on doing some shaders, even then something equivalent to a 1050 ti is all you really need even for the really graphically intensive shaders so maybe have a look at older and cheaper gpus

Mincraft loves fast single thread cpus so have a look at the i5 12600k(f) over the 5600x

I want to start using ray tracing and also the 12600k is more expensive in Australia.