Distributed Computing w/ GPUs for Climate Research

What alternatives exist today (early 2022, wow!) for distributed computing projects utilizing GPUs? Are there any specifically for climate research?

When I tried to find the answer to this it was not immediately clear. It seems the most common project to which we volunteer our idle GPU power is folding@home; if not that then a lot of folks mine on one blockchain or another. Berkley lists some of their "known good" projects but it is not immediately clear if these primarily utilize GPU or CPU. Does anyone here have experience they can share as to which BOINC projects most effectively leverage the power of our GPUs for something worthwhile?

I adore the idea behind distributed computing projects like folding@home and climateprediction.net, but the former already has a lot of computing power and the latter (beyond mainly being CPU) is pretty slow to put out new work. I would prefer to support something smaller than folding@home just to balance things out a bit. What's out there? 

Thanks!

Edited by Kick
Levent pointed out BOINC already lists/supports several projects utilizing GPUs so I narrowed the focus of my thread.

Heaps of BOINC projects out there to pick from. I used to contribute to SETI and couple of others back when electricity didnt cost me a huge chunk of my salary.

https://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

24 minutes ago, Levent said:

Heaps of BOINC projects out there to pick from. I used to contribute to SETI and couple of others back when electricity didnt cost me a huge chunk of my salary.

https://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php

I should have clarified, I read through that list and was unimpressed. What alternatives exist? 

Dang you have a point, though. I guess I am actually trying to ask a different question... thinking. I've edited the OP to narrow the scope and clarify my question.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:59 PM, Kick said:

I should have clarified, I read through that list and was unimpressed. What alternatives exist? 

Dang you have a point, though. I guess I am actually trying to ask a different question... thinking. I've edited the OP to narrow the scope and clarify my question.

If you look at the list already linked by looking for the Nvidia or AMD logo you can tell which projects support GPUs.

Aside from ClimatePrediction.net World Community Grid has the Africa Rainfall Project but like CP is CPU only and it can be finicky to run requiring lots of RAM per thread and you have to either disable SMT or greatly reduce the number of active threads to get it to run efficiently.

WCG also had GPU WUs available for Open Pandemics but these are really limited in number so you’d want to run another GPU project concurrently if you want to keep your GPU busy. I run Einstein@Home as my secondary project (with a weight of 0 so WCG gets precedence) as at IMHO it is more useful that finding Large primes etc.

But the majority of my GPUs (8-10) run Folding at home as I believe that gives the most bang for the buck and I run WCG/Einstein on 3 older Pascal GPUs that are just not as efficient as Turing and Ampere.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m