m.youtube for list, but watch videos in desktop mode

RageTester

Is there a way to force m.youtube.com to open from bookmark for displaying list of videos,  but once you select video to launch, go back to default and play in desktop mode?

So far it's either all mobile or all desktop with user agent switching, perhaps I need to use more software? Like redirecting videos to start in FreeTube... hopefully possible with only using browser.

Tried to disable auto redirect, but that stopped youtube from loading completely...

What are trying to do? Normally when you sign you sign in you'll see the Page with number of videos. Select said videos from there...

3 hours ago, whm1974 said:

What are trying to do? 

I am trying to get better user experience, snappier feel without giving up functionality. No touch screen on my TV with Pi 400 connected to it.

Mobile version of youtube loads faster, but has annoying things about it, videos on auto play don't start in fullscreen. And controls close very fast.

Get a decent Game Controller. You should be able to setup the DE you are using to enable Gamepads as a Mouse. My Valve Steam Controller can do this well. But Valve quit making those.

25 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Get a decent Game Controller. You should be able to setup the DE you are using to enable Gamepads as a Mouse. My Valve Steam Controller can do this well. But Valve quit making those.

Well I got a USB re-chargeable wireless mouse, and it's intended mostly for parents... I don't think they would appreciate game controller, but thanks.

By mobile version I still mean a website, not going android way cuz it's hard to find enough local content apps to justify heavy OS.

Just using desktop mode is slow on initial loading of all thumbnails, but I guess I will just stick with that for now. Nobody knows an easy solution.

How much did that Raspberry Pi 400 cost? There are plenty of Lightweight Linux Distros that will be better then that SBC in a Keyboard then Android. How big is the TV?

41 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

How much did that Raspberry Pi 400 cost? There are plenty of Lightweight Linux Distros that will be better then that SBC in a Keyboard then Android. How big is the TV?

I bought from official reseller in closest country, didn't cheap out, but only got the device and power brick.

TV is 49 inch, but only Ultra Wide 2K, running 1080p most of the time. TV itself doesn't have android.

I love silent operation even when overclocking, but getting the right software has been a challenge. Some websites don't even have sound when using firefox, but I got chromium working.

What exactly are you suggesting?

KonstaKang's Lineage OS Android TV build?

Officially supported Raspberry Pi OS latest version Bullseye. Based on debian. 

I think I will go dual boot soon anyway, so will have 2 or even more OS with PINN. But I am looking for stable things, not beta. Less tinkering, more easy access content for parents.

Planning to install on different drive, just in case it takes a long time, so I still have something working in the meantime.