2 or 3 fans on a 3060 ti

BlackFalconJ

I want to upgrade my 2060 super (running with 2 fans) to a 3060 ti, but i saw that there are versions of the card with 2 and 3 fans on it.
I am not planning on overclocking the gpu, is it worth it to get the 3 fan one over the 2 fan card?
The price difference is about €200.

2 minutes ago, BlackFalconJ said:

I want to upgrade my 2060 super (running with 2 fans) to a 3060 ti, but i saw that there are versions of the card with 2 and 3 fans on it.
I am not planning on overclocking the gpu, is it worth it to get the 3 fan one over the 2 fan card?
The price difference is about €200.

If you are not doing any OC, rather take the dual fan one. However if you have a case with little airflow, consider taking the triple fan one although you might be fine with the dual fan one. It would just spin up the fans a bit higher. Especially since the price difference is so high

imo, definitely not. my 3070 has only two fans, temps are just fine. case airflow is more important for gpu temps imo

I have noticed triple fan will run almost the same as water-cooled blocks. So if yo are looking for a quiet system and can accommodate a tipple fan GPU I would say go for it

Thanks for the responses, im gonna go with the 2 fans then. Also, there is plenty airflow in my pc i think. I have a Corsair 4000D Airflow with 3 intake fans and 2 outtakes.

depends, you DONT need a bigger 3060ti. (triple fan)

extra cooling can be nice, worst part can be, what performance that card has. Some comes with an OC (overclock) and makes you pay more for it.

Also just getting enough cold air for the GPU, another fan is not going to really help that.