Why is EVERYONE Buying This Gaming Mouse?

Plouffe
34 minutes ago, James Evens said:

One of the worst mouse wheels I have come across on a Logitech product. Even there ultra cheap Unifying mice have better feeling mouse wheels.

I've tried a few very expensive Razer mice (friend of mine swears by them), all kinds of shitty mice, the G.Skill I have at work, a few other Logitechs from colleagues...

I still find the wheel in my G502 to be the best I've ever used.

🤷‍♂️

I have no complaints about the DS300 mouse wheel.  Guess I should stock up on a couple, just in case....

I did a ton of searching (last year? late the previous year?) for a new mouse for myself. I settled on SteelSeries Sensei 310. Why? I'm left-handed. I mouse right sometimes, but I'm predominantly left-handed. Shape is important. A TON of mouse out there advertise themselves as "ambidextrous" but then only put their buttons on the left.

Also, this mouse stores its settings internally, so I'm able to use the software, change settings, and close it. It's ridiculous to require software at all for things, let alone requiring it persistently (and heaven forbid you're doing anything non-Windows!). Set the sensitivity toggle levels, turn off that insane RGB rubbish, and then I can keep it close. It's still not perfect, but it was the best I can find. I wish I could permanently switch B4/5 to "right side" (left handed thumb) and then 6/7 tot he left, instead of having to toggle it in the software and keep it running. A lot of games sadly only recognize 5 buttons and not more than 5, so I can't just map it in-game.

Oh yeah, and it's wired. So I don't have to worry about charge or batteries or switching power.

• 2 weeks later...

Why I have a G502: In the words of Todd Howard, "It just works"

• 1 month later...

I know I'm late to this party(I'm a bit backlogged on the main channel), but I have this mouse.

My previous mouse was G500s - it broke with the double click issue. My first G502 broke/experience the legendary double-click issue. I RMA'd, got replacements.

The reason I use this mouse(and its predecessor the G500), BY A LONG SHOT is the button arrangement and programmability. I have all buttons mapped in every application I use frequently or require productivity in. Browsers, explorer, photoshop, excel, code editors, etc. I even have entire scripts attached to certain buttons/apps to do more complex things. Ironically, I rarely use the extra buttons in games.

I mentioned the button arrangement - I specifically do not want an MMO mouse, because all extra buttons require essentially the same type of action - press on the side. The G502 has only 3 buttons on the side. But you can click the scroll wheel left or right, which can be mapped to many logical actions such as horizontal scroll, zoom, or similar directional actions. It helps build the mental map of "what do with which finger" to "action on screen" significantly faster and much less error prone.

Don't care about the DPI, though I do run it at 15,000 with a very low pointer speed in windows (second slowest bar). As for light mice - I will take productivity over less weight any day.

It does have one very annoying firmware bug that has existed since its release - when an application profile is switched, all mouse button states are released/reset - making drag-and-drop between applications that have different profiles impossible (because the thing you're dragging gets released).