Cloning boot drive with macrium reflect?

random2234

So the SSD in my other desktop just died so i figured this is a perfect opportunity to upgrade the sata ssd in my gaming desktop to an NVME and transfer the old sata ssd to my other desktop. I plan to just clone the drive using macrium reflect free since im obviously not changing any hardware other than the actual boot drive. I've used it before but not for cloning a boot drive so this is the first time. I'm assuming it will be a simple case of cloning the drive and then just transferring the drives and booting from the new NVME then right? But i was wondering since the boot drive letter is C the NVME will be assigned some other random lettter while i'm cloning it. Is this going to be an issue or will windows automatically reassign the letter C to it once i actually boot from the NVME? 

Also while im here does anyone have any recommendations for a 500gb or more NVME drive?

no the boot drive letter does not matter.  it will make a clone, it will be the same.

i did this many times, its no issue.  i use a usb to sata cable though,  i never have both drives installed at the same time *in* the pc.

there are usb to nvm adapters too, i would recommend that for the cloning.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity