Which Graphics Card is good for my pc?

BloodRune

Hey, I currently have an entry-level PC with a Ryzen 5 3400g, 16GB Ram and 450 watt power supply. I want to buy a graphics card in the near future and I'm not quite sure which one fits well in my PC. Do you have any recommendations that work well with my processor and power supply?

32 minutes ago, BloodRune said:

Hey, I currently have an entry-level PC with a Ryzen 5 3400g, 16GB Ram and 450 watt power supply. I want to buy a graphics card in the near future and I'm not quite sure which one fits well in my PC. Do you have any recommendations that work well with my processor and power supply?

Are you planning to play more demanding games?

Your integrated graphics card on your CPU is like a weaker GTX 750 ti.

Now I googled GTX 1660ti recomended PSU, and "minimum" for that card is 450W, but "minumum" means not every 450W PSU can be sufficiant.

Now the problem is very high majority of GPUs are overpriced, just so you know.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

5 minutes ago, podkall said:

Are you planning to play more demanding games?

Your integrated graphics card on your CPU is like a weaker GTX 750 ti.

Now I googled GTX 1660ti recomended PSU, and "minimum" for that card is 450W, but "minumum" means not every 450W PSU can be sufficiant.

Now the problem is very high majority of GPUs are overpriced, just so you know.

Yes, I think the main problem will be my weak power supply

I'd probably look for a gtx 1070. You'll get a nice boost in graphic without over kill to the rest of your build and the 450w psu should be fine

Hi! 

Well it defends how thick is your wallet, but keep in mind that your PSU is not very powerfull. If I got your system I would pick up 1060-6gb/ or 1070/1660.

Kind regards,

Okutida

MoBo - Asus rog strix x570-e

CPU - AMD 5600x,

GPU - Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC, 12GB, 384-bus

RAM Kingston Hyperx 2400Mhz(2x16Gb),

PSU 1000w Seasonic Prime 80+ gold.

2 hours ago, narrdarr said:

I'd probably look for a gtx 1070. You'll get a nice boost in graphic without over kill to the rest of your build and the 450w psu should be fine

If you can find a good deal on it second hand, totally go for it!

Sadly the market is completely backwards at the moment, I personally find the RX 6600XT pretty good value as it's around € 650 for a decent AIB model.

NVIDIA has better drivers from my experience but any RTX card (RTX 3060 comes to mind) will easily set you back € 200 more for the same price.

Keep in mind I get those prices from the Belgian market, where you're from makes a huge difference!

What brand is your power supply?

Even if it's trustworthy with a proper Silver/Gold rating I'd jump to 600W or above; with cheaper/less quality units you risk triggering over-current protection with more modern GPU's as they spike quite high in power-draw.

TL;DR:

GTX1070 is a great choice if you can find it cheapily.

RX6600XT would be great "value" in the current market if you make sure to upgrade your PSU.

Hopefully this helped a little c=

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

3 hours ago, BloodRune said:

Yes, I think the main problem will be my weak power supply

What's the brand and model of your PSU?

I'd say a low range decently priced GPU, 6600xt ($600) or the all new 6500 or 3050 which should be around $400

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

On 1/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, --SID-- said:

What's the brand and model of your PSU?

Corsair CV450

6 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Poor PSU for an new and expensive GPU.

Would it still be enough for a Gtx 1070?

22 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

I wouldn't use it with any GPU.

Which power supply would you recommend for me if I install a Gtx 1070 in the PC and can also upgrade it over the next few years?

38 minutes ago, BloodRune said:

Which power supply would you recommend for me if I install a Gtx 1070 in the PC and can also upgrade it over the next few years?

Depends on what's available at your location. For future upgrades I recommand a Tier A 750/850w.