Are these light rectangles normal / should I be worried?

bejamartins

I got handed down LG Gram from 2018(?). And I notice these two light rectangles around the middle of the screen:

20220115_011405.thumb.jpg.3d5fcf28a4c02a5d2579afab8434a248.jpg

Are these normal or some kind of burn in of sorts? They are more noticeable the lighter the color on the display.

Thank you.

They might just be reflections of a window.  There are a few different ways backlight is generated. One of them though is active zone stuff which is used to get better blacks but sometimes produces “halos”. If the machine has that sort of backlight it could be that your zones are uneven for some reason.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

the lines look like fingerprint grease so cleaning the screen can help with some glare

Run a burn in fix from youtube just to double check, they take 2-6h usually and would give you a better idea if it's burn in or a stuck dimming zone.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

3 hours ago, bejamartins said:

I got handed down LG Gram from 2018(?). And I notice these two light rectangles around the middle of the screen:

20220115_011405.thumb.jpg.3d5fcf28a4c02a5d2579afab8434a248.jpg

Are these normal or some kind of burn in of sorts? They are more noticeable the lighter the color on the display.

Thank you.

Well they shouldn’t be normal.  Doesn’t mean it’s not a backlight problem though. that panel of course might not have that kind of backlight

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.