silent weird markdown on site

hacknorris

Browser, version and OS: firefox on linux mint (but i dont think it's browser-related, neither system)

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

create a post. any post

edit it while also adding [ s ]  (without spaces)

What happened?

get crossed all the text up to end of post

What did you expect to happen?

adding [ s ] (without spaces) to the text without modifying also other parts of post...

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

here but post might get deleted according to comments :

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

(also screenshot if link doesnt work)

image.thumb.png.602465de9407b4e90bc39b7327cd0118.png

Any other relevant details:

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

12 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

Not a bug. It is bbcode, which is used for formatting text in your post

thanks =]

BBCode is supported in some manner while the editor is WYSIWYG with HTML. "s" is strike trough obviously.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

BBCode is supported in some manner while the editor is WYSIWYG with HTML. "s" is strike trough obviously.

but with [] instead of <> ?

As mentioned [ s ] is BBCode for strikethrough. You can view BBCode tags here, though not all will work on the forum. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

If you don't close it with [/s] then it will strikethrough the rest of the post.

BBCode doesn't apply while you are drafting your post, it will only apply after your post is submitted. The downside to this is if you happen to write something that is a tag for BBCode you won't see it until after you post. If you click the preview button (first button in the toolbox) it will allow you to preview your post before submitting to see what your post looks like including BBCode formatting and it will show the text with strikethrough.

I tried editing the other post you made demonstrating the issue and I did notice that when editing the post it will display the strikethrough text instead of the original text with BBCode. Highlighting the text and using the toolbar strikethrough button S is unable to remove the strikethrough from the text. It is possible to remove it with the remove formatting Tx button, but I can definitely see why it would be frustrating trying to remove it from your post especially if it was not intentional.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 minutes ago, Spotty said:

As mentioned [ s ] is BBCode for strikethrough. You can view BBCode tags here, though not all will work on the forum. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

If you don't close it with [/s] then it will strikethrough the rest of the post.

BBCode doesn't apply while you are drafting your post, it will only apply after your post is submitted. The downside to this is if you happen to write something that is a tag for BBCode you won't see it until after you post. If you click the preview button (first button in the toolbox) it will allow you to preview your post before submitting to see what your post looks like including BBCode formatting and it will show the text with strikethrough.

I tried editing the other post you made demonstrating the issue and I did notice that when editing the post it will display the strikethrough text instead of the original text with BBCode. Highlighting the text and using the toolbar strikethrough button S is unable to remove the strikethrough from the text. It is possible to remove it with the remove formatting Tx button, but I can definitely see why it would be frustrating trying to remove it from your post especially if it was not intentional.

yes, it is frustrating :'D did it already over 5 times (and im new...)....

9 hours ago, hacknorris said:

but with [] instead of <> ?

Direct HTML tagging is disabled for security reasons. Brackets are used by BBCode. I meant that editor translates what you do to HTML.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv